MKT5000 (Marketing Management) S2 2019
Assignment 2: Marketing plan to co-create value
Marks out of
Marketing plan to co-create value
Note: This assignment can be completed in a team or individually. The assignment assesses MKT5000 course objectives 1, 2, 3 and 4 outlined in the course specification that is on Study Desk.
This assignment should be based on the brand/product or service or organisation you worked on in Assignment 2. You are now required to prepare a marketing plan to co-create value for the target market.
Details of what you need to do are as follows:
- Give a brief outline of the work that has been done in ‘Market analysis’ (Assignment 1), including stating the relevant brand/product, service or organisation.
- Briefly describe the target market / customer persona.
- Assess the growth opportunities for the brand, product or service, and suggest the path forward. This needs to be the premise for the subsequent strategies that you propose. You may employ growth frameworks such as the strategic-planning gap or the Ansoff matrix to guide future direction of the brand, product or service.
- Design a customer journey map for the target market, demonstrating the likely experiences the customer goes through. Include the identification of the key brandtouch-points along the customer journey.
- Design value proposition(s) that provide solutions for customers and the positioning strategy.
- Develop SMART marketing objectives that address the strategic focus of the brand.
- Develop marketing tactics for each of the 4Ps/7Ps (elements of the marketing mix). The 4Ps are product, price, place and promotion. The 7Ps are product (the preferred term is ‘offering’), price, place, promotion, processes, physical environment (physical evidence) and people. The 4Ps relate to products and the 7Ps to services. Ensure each of the 4Ps or 7Ps are addressed sufficiently and that they address the SMART objectives. The tactical plan should outline how each of the Ps will contribute to the co-creation of value for the target market. Provide a rationale for each of the 4Ps/7Ps.
- Develop a marketing implementation and control section for the plan. In this regard, outline the relevant key performance indicators (KPIs) for each of the 4Ps/7Ps. KPIs for the objectives and tactics will enable the enterprise to know whether the marketing tactics have been executed successfully and whether the marketing objectives have been achieved.
The assignment submission may follow the structure shown below or it can adopt any other suitable structure that you may prefer to use.
- Title page
- Executive summary
- Table of contents
- Target market description
- Strategic focus of the brand/product/service/organisation and proposed growth strategy
- Customer journey map
- Value proposition(s)
- Positioning Strategy
- Marketing objectives
- Marketing tactical plan (4Ps/7Ps)
- Marketing implementation and control
- Appendices (if any)
Other important information
- Length of submission: 4500 words (+/-10%). This page limit does not include title page, reference list and appendices. Appendices can be used if applicable but they are not a requirement (and should not be bulky if they are employed).
- A half-a-page team reflection for assignments submitted as a team (or a half-a-page individual reflection for assignments submitted individually). This should be placed in the before the References. Note that it is not half a page for each member of the team but just half-a-page (one document) for the whole team. The team reflection should include the approach used by the team to coordinate team affairs and how that worked. The individual reflection should include the approach used by the individual to manage the various tasks of the assignment and how this could have been done differently if one was working in a team.
- Use the Harvard AGPS referencing style. The Harvard AGPS referencing guide can be accessed online from the USQ Library.
- You are free to use footnotes when referencing in the text (if that works best for you) e.g. number in the text and reference in the list at the end of the document, or reference at the bottom of the page.
- You may decide to complete the assignment using one or more formats, e.g. Word, PDF, PowerPoint etc. If you decide to use PowerPoint, you need to include the detailed discussion in the notes section.
- You may use the frameworks provided in the course materials. Any other alternatives are welcome, and you can even create your own.
- The assignment should demonstrate the degree of professional communication that a business or social enterprise would expect from a marketing professional or from a team of marketing professionals. The assignment submission may contain visuals, graphs, tables and illustrations.
- The assignment is to be submitted via the assignment submission portal on Study Desk.
- Assignment 2 requires Turnitin On Study Desk you will see ‘Turnitin instructions for assignments 1 and 2 submission’.
- If you will be working in a Group on the assignment, you can use the ‘Group selection forum’ on Study Desk to form a group. In addition, the names of all MKT5000 candidates are in the ‘Participants’ tab on the left hand side of the course home page.
- Groups can consist of up to four members (can be two, three or four members). You are also required to sign and send the “MKT5000 Group Assessment Agreement Form”. Once you are in a group, you will remain in that group for the duration of the semester. This cannot be changed. Please select your groups wisely.
- If you are working in a group, only one group member submits. The names and student numbers of all group members should be on the title page. You can give your group a name. All group members get the same mark.
- If you are working as an individual, it is obviously individual submission.
- Regarding the due date and time, please note that AEST is Australian Eastern Standard Time.
- You can get most of the information you need to complete this assignment online, from the USQ Library or through an Internet search. In addition, there are other sources of secondary data that can be used, including annual reports.
- Please note that you should not conduct research interviews with the respective organisations in the process of completing this assignment because such interviews would require ethics approval. The scope of this assignment is such that secondary data suffices (no research interviews).
- Should you find yourself in a situation where you would need an extension, please get in touch with the course examiner before the due date of the assignment.