Canterbury Technical Institute BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership & Management BSBINM601 Manage knowledge and information
To provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of the foundation skills, knowledge evidence and performance evidence.
Complete the following individually or in a group (as applicable to the specific activity and the assessment environment):
Complete the following individually and attach your completed work to your workbook.
The answers to the following questions will enable you to demonstrate your knowledge of:
Answer the question in as much detail as possible, considering your organisational requirements.
1. Describe the ways in which staff and customer feedback is important when dealing with business issues.
2. What methods can you use to identify business issues? Why is it important to define and analyse these?
3. Give an example of an issue being identified in the workplace, such as a product being shipped out late, and suggest which information you could access to help track the issue or error.
Why is it important to be aware of different information sources in the event of a problem?
4. You are tasked with producing company materials.
5. Detail why some information relevant to the operation of the business might not be recorded in the information systems.
6. Why is it important to have objectives for your analysis? Give an example of an analysis objective.
7. How can you use patterns in business operations to determine cause and effect?
8. What is a statistical analysis? Give an example of when a statistical analysis might benefit your own organisation.
9. Why is it advised to conduct a sensitivity analysis before you implement a solution to a problem? List some questions a sensitivity analysis may include.
10. Why does your documentation need to show how you reached your conclusion?
11. Why should you adjust the information management system to meet your processing objectives? Which kinds of adjustments might you make?
12. Why do you need to check that evidence and information to support a decision exist?
13. Why do you need to assess the risk associated with different solutions?
14. How can quantitative methods assist you with decision making? Give three examples of quantitative methods.
15. Why might you need to consult others for information? Give examples of external contacts that your organisation may already have in place.
16. Why do you need to ensure that only persons permitted and authorised to do so are allowed to make decisions on behalf of the company?
17. Why do you need to ensure that your decisions are in accordance with organisational guidelines?
18. Why do decisions need to be consistent with organisational objectives, values and standards?
Give some examples of what these objectives, values or standards might include.
19. Why do decisions need to be made in a timely manner?
Describe how Eisenhower’s urgent vs. important principle can help you to prioritise tasks.
20. You are tasked with managing the organisation’s information needs. What are some of your considerations?
21. Why is it important to update information systems and databases? What are some different ways that organisations can choose to manage their system updates?
22. Why do you need to test information systems to check that they meet the requirements of the decision maker(s)?
23. Suggest some negative consequences of failing to ensure that information to be communicated is correct and relevant.
24. Why are communication plans useful?
25. Why are confidentiality and privacy laws applied to the communication of personal and sensitive information?
26. Why does the communication plan need to be reviewed and updated regularly?
27. Why do your communications need to use a media that allows for efficiency and quality?
28. What is the main reason for gaining and protecting corporate knowledge?
To provide you with an opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of the entire unit.
You must individually answer the following questions in full to show your competency of each element:
1. Obtain information relevant to business issues
2. Analyse information and knowledge
3. Take decisions on business issues identified
4. Disseminate information to the organisation
1. Identify a problem that could occur in your organisation that needs to be resolved.
For this activity, you will write a report explaining how you identified and resolved this problem.
Explain how you:
Your report must use the following structure:
The introduction sets out what you plan to say and provides a brief summary of the problem under discussion. It should also touch briefly on your conclusions.
2) Report Main Body
The main body of the report should be carefully structured in a way that leads the reader through the issue.
You should split it into sections using numbered sub-headings relating to themes or areas for consideration. For each theme, you should aim to set out clearly and concisely the main issue under discussion and any areas of difficulty or disagreement. It may also include experimental results. All the information that you present should be related back to the brief and the precise subject under discussion.
REMEMBER: If it’s not relevant, leave it out.
3) Conclusions and Recommendations
The conclusion sets out what inferences you draw from the information, including any experimental results. It may include recommendations, or these may be included in a separate section.
Recommendations suggest how you think the situation could be improved, and should be specific, achievable and measurable. If your recommendations have financial implications, you should set these out clearly, with estimated costs if possible.
Read more at: https://www.skillsyouneed.com/write/report-writing.html
Assignment Service Australia | CDR Writing Help | TAFE Assignment Help | Perth Assignment Help | Melbourne Assignment Help | Darwin Assignment Help | Adelaide Assignment Help | Assignment Help Victoria | Sydney Assignment Help | Canberra Assignment Help | Brisbane Assignment Help | CDR for Australian immigration | Assignment For Australian History
Assignment Writing Help
Engineering Assignment Services
Do My Assignment Help
Write My Essay Services