FINM202 Financial Management Assignment Help
Assessment Brief – T1 Course Bachelor of Business / Bachelor of Accounting Unit Financial Management Unit Code FINM202 Type of Assessment Assessment 3 – Group Report
Unit Learning Outcomes addressed
2) Explain the goal of financial decisions and the importance of financial information.
4) Examine financial instruments and their valuation.
6) Prepare and develop a working capital management plan.
7) Evaluate the concept of optimal capital structure.
The assignment is designed to enhance students’ skills in analysing the implication of the time value of money as well as facilitating students’ discussion of the role of large diversified banks.
Students are required to work in a group of 3 – 4 students in order to complete this assignment. Students must register for their group with the lecturer during the first three weeks of the trimester and it will NOT be allowed to change the group members afterward.
The assignment consists of 2 parts.
The assignment marking guide is provided on the last page.
Part A: Valuing Shares (20 marks)
Your investment adviser has sent you three analyst reports (A, B and C) for a young, growing company named Millennium Tutoring. These reports depict the company as speculative, but each one poses different projections of the company’s future growth rate in earnings and dividends. All three reports show that Millennium Tutoring earned $1.50 per share in the year ended previously. There is a consensus that a fair rate of return to investors for this ordinary share is 12%, and that management expects to consistently earn a 13% return on the book value of equity (ROE = 13%).
- The analyst who produced report A makes the assumption that Millennium Tutoring will remain a small, regional company that, although profitable, is not expected to grow. In this case, Millennium Tutoring’ management is expected to elect to pay out 100 percent of earnings as dividends. Based on this report, what model can you use to value the ordinary shares in Millennium Tutoring? Using this model, what is the value?
- The analyst who produced report B makes the assumption that Millennium Tutoring will enter the national market and grow at a steady, constant rate. In this case, Millennium Tutoring ’management is expected to elect to pay out 30%of earnings as dividends. This analyst discloses news that this dividend has just been committed to current shareholders. Based on this report, what model can you use to value the ordinary shares in Millennium Tutoring? Using this model, what is the value?
- The analyst who produced report C also makes the assumption that Millennium Tutoring will enter the national market but expects a high level of initial excitement for the product that is then followed by growth at a constant rate. Earnings and dividends are expected to grow at a rate of 50 percent over the next year, 20 percent for the following two years, and then revert back to a constant growth rate of 9 percent thereafter. This analyst also discloses that Millennium Tutoring’ management has just announced the payout of 30 percent of the recently reported earnings to current shareholders. Based on this report, what model can you use to value the ordinary shares in Millennium Tutoring? Using this model, what is the value?
- Discuss the feature(s) that drives the differing valuation of Millennium Tutoring. What additional information do you need to garner confidence in the projections of each analyst report?
Part B: Essay (20 marks) – 1,000 words
Students are supposed to write a formal essay under the topic given below.
‘Risk management is one of the key functions of corporate finance.
Identify the systematic and unsystematic risk factors if you are a public company that is investing in consumer electronic business and what are the possible strategies to diversify the overall risk exposure of the company.
- Demonstrated knowledge of identifying main systematic and unsystematic risk
factors of a public consumer electronics company.
- Demonstrate knowledge of identifying possible risk diversification strategies for a public consumer electronics company.
- Logical inferences are drawn from information presented and appropriate justification of stance taken.
- The overall presentation of the argument is relevant and appropriate.
Assignment Service Australia | CDR Writing Help | TAFE Assignment Help | Perth Assignment Help | Melbourne Assignment Help | Darwin Assignment Help | Adelaide Assignment Help | Assignment Help Victoria | Sydney Assignment Help | Canberra Assignment Help | Brisbane Assignment Help | CDR for Australian immigration | Assignment For Australian History
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help