BSBMGT516 Facilitate continuous improvement Assessment 1
Learner Instructions 1
(Plan and lead continuous improvement)
You will demonstrate the management and leadership skills and knowledge required to plan and lead continuous improvement systems and processes.
Using the simulated business information provided and in response to a scenario, you will prepare and deliver a presentation to the management team on proposed continuous improvement strategies to be deployed in work teams; proposed systems to communicate to stakeholders; proposed approaches to meeting sustainability requirements; proposed approaches to coaching continuous improvement; and strategies for knowledge management. You will then submit a summary report. You will also prepare a monitoring strategy to monitor progress on the implementation of the continuous improvement system, a communication strategy, and several relevant procedures.
Note: You will use the planning and portfolio documentation you develop in Assessment Task 1 for completing Assessment Task 2.
Part A: Prepare and deliver a presentation
Research, plan and deliver a 20-minute presentation to a peer group of managers on proposed continuous improvement (CI) systems and processes.
- Review the following scenario.
You are a continuous improvement consultant. Australian Hardware has contracted you to analyse the business in order to propose an overall approach to continuous process improvement, including a general methodology such as Lean or Six Sigma.
The approach will be used across the business, including application to areas such as:
● sustainability across the organisation
● revenue per customer interaction
● operational costs
● customer service satisfaction across product areas such as timber, plumbing and electrical, garden products, hardware, tools and homewares ● delivery lead times for customers.
You will need to consider the appropriateness and applicability of different continuous improvement methodologies in order to find the best fit for Australian Hardware.
In your overall approach, you will need to develop several supporting strategies and procedures.
You intend to trial your proposed quality systems and processes at the Wollongong store.
You will need to gather feedback from the management team on your proposed continuous improvement approach. In accordance with organisational practice, you will need to prepare a summary report incorporating feedback and suggestions for amendments and refinements.
- Review Australian Hardware documentation, including strategic plans and operational plans. Note what the organisation does, how it does it, what its goals and objectives are, and who its stakeholders and customers are.
- Research or review continuous improvement methodologies and tools and identify strategies for improving quality and performance in targeted areas. You will need to select and prepare for discussion in your presentation:
- a continuous improvement methodology, such as TQM, Lean and Six
Sigma to apply to the organisation
- problem/opportunity identification and decision-making tools, such as value stream mapping, root cause analysis and brainstorming.
- strategies for including and encouraging participation by the right individuals and teams
- strategies for building ownership and a work culture that is conducive to improving quality, reducing waste and high performance.
- Analyse the impact of your proposed introduction of continuous improvement measures on the organisation as an integrated whole. In particular consider, for discussion in your presentation, the impact on:
- communications to various stakeholders
- knowledge management and information flow, including information technology relevant to document storage and sharing
- sustainability and sustainability objectives
- performance management, including setting goals and KPIs, monitoring, training and coaching, and rewards and recognition
- legislative compliance.
- Arrange a time and location to deliver a presentation to the management team with the results of your findings in steps 2–4.
- Deliver the presentation to the management team. Ensure you:
- Seek input for improvements or additions to your approach to be incorporated into your summary report and portfolio documents. Ask questions and use active listening techniques.
- Deliver your presentation in accordance with the deliverables and quality specifications outlined below.
Part B: Prepare a summary report
- Summarise the contents of your presentation in a one- to two-page written report, including recommended changes or additions. Ensure you:
- use an appropriate style and tone for business reporting
- use headings, paragraphs and full sentences (except in illustrations or bulleted lists).
- Submit your summary report in accordance with the deliverables and quality specifications outlined below.
Part C: Portfolio of work
- Develop a communications strategy for implementing your proposed continuous improvement initiatives that includes:
- two to three communications objectives
- at least two audiences, for example, senior management, work teams, or individual employees
- at least two methods of communication or media.
- Develop a short (less than one page) procedure for informing teams of the outcomes of continuous improvement activities.
- Develop a monitoring strategy for an area of team performance identified in the scenario. Include:
- targets (aligned with or consistent with organisational goals)
- standards (compliant with relevant legislation, policies and procedures)
- responsibilities for recording and reporting
- technology and systems used for capture, storage and reporting of performance information.
- Develop a short (less than one page) procedure for managers and special continuous improvement teams to run continuous improvement sessions; for example, if poor performance is observed through monitoring systems. Your procedure should:
- outline how to run a team session to capture opportunities for improvement and share required knowledge
- include at least one measure to ensure adherence to legislative requirements such as health and safety, privacy, or anti-discrimination.
- Submit your portfolio deliverables in accordance with the deliverables and quality specifications outlined below. Specifications
- deliver a 20-minute presentation on continuous improvement strategies in response to the scenario
- submit a summary report
- submit a portfolio of work: monitoring strategy, communications strategy, and procedures for communications and continuous improvement team processes.
Your assessor will be looking for evidence of your ability to:
- seek feedback on your approaches to continuous improvement processes and outcomes
- relate your CI approaches to meeting sustainability objectives
- relate your CI approaches to mentoring, coaching and other support to enable people to participate effectively in continuous improvement processes
- describe how insights will be incorporated into the organisation’s knowledge management systems and future planning demonstrate reading skills through:
- identifying and extracting relevant information from texts on CI
locating, interpreting and analysing workplace documentation to gather information relating to continuous improvement ● demonstrate oral communication skills through:
presenting information to management audience
listening and comprehending information
confirming understanding through questioning and active listening techniques
- navigate the world of work, through:
- developing CI strategies to enable compliance with legislative requirements and achievement of the organisation’s goals interact with others, through:
identifying and using appropriate conventions and protocols when communicating with peer managers
collaborating with others to achieve joint outcomes, playing an active role in facilitating effective group interaction and influencing direction ● get the work done, through:
using analytical and lateral thinking to review current practices and develop ideas for improvement
reflecting on the ways in which digital systems and tools are used, or could be used, to achieve work goals.
Quality (summary report and portfolio):
Your assessor will be looking for evidence of your ability to:
- demonstrate writing skills, through:
- developing a complex text (report) related to CI processes according to organisational requirements
ensuring the vocabulary, grammatical structures and conventions of the report are appropriate for the context and target audience ● navigate the world of work, through:
developing strategies and procedures to enable compliance with legislative requirements and achievement of the organisation’s goals
monitoring adherence to organisational policies, procedures and protocols through a monitoring strategy.
Assignment Service Australia | CDR Writing Help | TAFE Assignment Help | Perth Assignment Help | Melbourne Assignment Help | Darwin Assignment Help | Adelaide Assignment Help | Assignment Help Victoria | Sydney Assignment Help | Canberra Assignment Help | Brisbane Assignment Help | CDR for Australian immigration | Assignment For Australian History
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help