BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships Assessment 2
Learner Instructions 2
(Respond to scenario-based questions)
You will demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to establish systems to develop trust and confidence and manage the development and maintenance of networks and relationships.
For this assessment task, you will read and respond to a scenario by answering a set of written questions.
- Read the scenario in Appendix 1. Pay particular attention to diversity and networking issues and information about your role as Brisbane Branch Manager.
- Review the JKL Industries simulated business documentation, including policies and procedures.
- Read the questions in Appendix 2 related to the scenario. 4. Create a document with written answers to the questions.
- Submit a print or electronic version of your document containing answers to the questions in accordance with the specifications set out below.
You must submit:
- a print or electronic document containing answers to the case-study-based questions.
Your assessor will be looking for evidence of your ability to:
- apply policies to ensure that the organisation’s cultural diversity and ethical values are adhered to
- provide leadership through your own behaviour, including:
- professional conduct that promotes trust with internal and external contacts
adjusting your own interpersonal communication style to meet the organisation’s cultural diversity and ethical environment
- plan for and manage the use of networks to support identifiable outcomes for the team and the organisation
- explain how systems, policies and procedures can support the development of effective work relationships, focusing on interpersonal styles, cultural and social sensitivity and networking.
- explain the relevance of legislation for managing effective workplace relationships
- interact with others through adapting your personal communication style to build trust and positive working relationships, and to support others’ adjustments in practice and culture get the work done through:
- taking personal responsibility for planning networking activities for yourself and others, taking into account capabilities, efficiencies and effectiveness
developing plans for networking activities with strategic importance.
Appendix 1: Scenario – JKL Industries
JKL Industries overview
JKL Industries is an Australian-owned company, selling forklifts, small trucks and spare parts to industry. They also have a division that leases forklifts and small trucks.
The company’s head office is in Sydney and has branches in Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra.
After 12 years in business, focusing on forklifts and small trucks, JKL Industries has negotiated the sales rights to a range of medium and large trucks from an overseas supplier. This opportunity will provide JKL Industries with an advantage in range over its competitors.
Sales results over the past five years have indicated strong growth in forklift and truck sales, which have averaged 10% sales growth per annum. The rental market has been in decline for the past three years due to the reduced costs of these vehicles and some taxation benefits to industries who purchase these vehicles.
Taking the sales rights opportunity will, however, entail some significant changes, including significant changes to the current organisational structure. The company will reposition itself to focus solely on retail sales and service and exit the rentals market, in which forces such as competition and consumer choice reduce potential profitability.
In accordance with the organisation’s values, JKL Industries intends (to the extent feasible) to recruit from within the company and up-skill or re-skill existing employees presently working in rentals who wish to remain with the company. Given the company’s previous history of employee grievances over pay and conditions and current plans to restructure, JKL Industries has identified poor communications and an organisational climate of conflict as a risk to business goals.
Moving forward, the organisation intends to build and maintain a positive organisational culture, reduce risk and achieve organisational goals through:
- developing an effective policy framework for managing internal communications and consultation, in accordance with organisational objectives, business ethics, and compliance requirements
- communicating and building support for organisational initiatives and objectives managing information flow to:
provide managers and employees with at-hand information to perform their work responsibilities
communicate ideas for improvement (top-down and bottom-up)
facilitate feedback both to and from employees and management on relevant work performance and outcomes of consultation.
Assignment Service Australia | CDR Writing Help | TAFE Assignment Help | Perth Assignment Help | Melbourne Assignment Help | Darwin Assignment Help | Adelaide Assignment Help | Assignment Help Victoria | Sydney Assignment Help | Canberra Assignment Help | Brisbane Assignment Help | CDR for Australian immigration | Assignment For Australian History
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help