The Respiratory System Assignment Help
Non respiratory function of respiratory system
1. Humedify and cool or warm the inspired air
2. Bronchial secretion contain immunoglobulin (IgA)
3. Synthesize surfactants
4. Storage of hormones and certain biologically active peptides in ‘amine precursor uptake and decarboxylation’(APUD) cells, vasoactive intestional peptide (VIP)
5. Resevoir for blood etc.
Static Lung Volumes And Capacities1. Tidal volume
2. Inspiratory reserve volume (IVR)
3. Expiratory reserve volume (EVR)
4. Residual volume (RV)
5. Inspiratory capacity (IC)
6. Expiratory capacity
7. Vital capacity
Transport of Gases
- Oxygen is transported in
1. Dissolved form in plasma (0.3 ml per 100 ml of blood per 100 mm hg Po2
2. In combined with haemoglobin (4 moles (i.e 8 atoms) of O2 combine with one molecule of haemoglobin. The oxygen haemoglobin dissociation curve is sigmoid
- CO2 is transported
1. In dissolved form (0.3 ml/dL)
2. As carbamino compounds (0.7 ml/dL)
3. As bicarbonates (3ml/dL)
Regulation Of Respiration
- Autonomic control of respiration is located in the brain stem
- Voluntary control of respiration is located in the cerebral cortex.
HYPOXIA means lack of oxygen at tissue level.
Types of hypoxia1. Hypoxic hyposia
2. Anaemic hypoxia
3. Stagnant(Ischamic) hypoxia
4. Histotoxic hypoxia
Email Based Homework Help in The Respiratory System
To submit The Respiratory System assignment click here.