Tips for writing a good thesis for a research paper
Thesis normally report on a research project or an extended analysis of a topic. The structure of the thesis or dissertation explains the purpose, the methods used and the findings of the project by including a series of chapters namely:
a) An introduction about thesis statement, which introduces the research topic, with an explanation of why the subject was chosen for study. (A thesis statement is a strong statement that you can prove with evidence.)
b) A literature review, reviewing relevant literature and showing how this has informed the research issue.
c) A methodology chapter, explaining how the research has been designed and why the research methods being used have been chosen.
d) A findings chapter, outlining the findings of the research itself.
e) An analysis and discussion chapter, analyzing the findings and discussing them in the context of the literature review (this chapter is often divided into two – analysis and discussion).
Apart from above notes you should consider following tips for excellent thesis writing:—-
- It’s very important to start out your research with a solid Thesis Statement.
- Keep it simple; you don’t need an enormous subject to work with.
- Make it specific. It’s much easier to do research on a narrowly selected subject than a massive idea.
- Take help from libraries you’ll be using for reference materials.
- Try to be as accurate as possible when you write down statistics and direct quotes. Be sure to check for errors when you’re finished.
- Take your note cards and figure out which of them you will use to illustrate your points.
- Reword your sentences for effectiveness of structure, grammar and punctuation.
Footnotes and Bibliography:
You should consult a style manual to find the correct forms to use.
Below there are some very good manuals you can try:
- Campbell, W.C. & Ballou, S.V. (1990) Form and Style: Theses, Reports, Term Papers.
- Turabian, K.V. (1987) A Manual of Writers of Term Papers, Theses and Dissertations.
When you’ve finished the paper, take some time for yourself before you re-read it. Make sure your quotes and citations are accurate; keep your note cards.
Writing thesis is not an easy task, and it is extremely challenging for the research students. It requires a student to lots of research of the subject matter, assistance of the guide and hard work together with a good amount of time. When we start writing thesis the first question which comes in our mind is, how to write a good thesis or dissertation, in a correct way. Thus in order to achieve sure success one must have a guiding hand to keep a check and correct some of your weak points.
You can log on website www.assignmenthelp.net around the clock and find expert online writers, who can guide you step-to-step writing of your thesis, research papers, report, essays, and term papers.
For any kind of academic writing help, college and university students can free to Contact Us via Phone, Live chat or through an e-mail. Our best thesis writers offer custom thesis papers writing of premium quality.
For more information on developing a thesis, visit:
Harvard University’s Developing a Thesis
Indiana University’s How to Write a Thesis