Math Course Help With Properties Of Determinants
3.6.3 Properties of determinants:
- i) The value of a determinant remains unchanged if its rows and columns are interchanged.
- ii) If two rows or columns of a determinant are interchanged, then the determinant retains its absolute value but its sign is changed.
- iii) If any two rows or columns of a determinant are identical then its value is zero.
- iv) If each element of a row or column of a determinant is multiplied by a constant k then the value of new determinant is k times the value of the original determinant.
- v) If any two rows or column of a determinant are proportional, then its value is zero.
- vi) If each element of a row or column of a determinant can be expressed as sum of two or more terms, then the determinant can be expressed as the sum of two or more determinants.
- vii) If any row or column of a determinant is added by the multiple of another row or column, the value of the determinant remains same.
- viii) The sum of the products of the elements of any row or column of a determinant with co-factors of the corresponding elements of any other row or column is zero.
Email Based Course Help in Properties Of Determinants
To Schedule a Properties Of Determinants tutoring session
To submit Properties Of Determinants assignment click here.
Following are some of the topics in Matrices And Determinants in which we provide help:
Geometry Help | Calculus Help | Math Tutors | Algebra Tutor | Tutorial Algebra | Algebra Learn | Math Tutorial | Algebra Tutoring | Calculus Tutor | Precalculus Help | Geometry Tutor | Maths Tutor | Geometry Homework Help | Homework Tutor | Mathematics Tutor | Calculus Tutoring | Online Algebra Tutor | Geometry Tutoring | Online Algebra Tutoring | Algebra Tutors | Math Homework Helper | Calculus Homework Help | Online Tutoring | Calculus Tutors | Homework Tutoring