Evaluation Essay Writing
An article to express one’s opinion, judgments, ideas and perception about an event, incident, person etc is known as evaluation essay. Also known as evaluative writing and critical evaluation essay, it provides proof to give an explanation for the author’s opinions about a topic.
The format for evaluation essay is distributed into 3 main parts
1. Introduction to Evaluation Essay
The first paragraph which introduces the reader to your idea and the reason as to why you have chosen, the introduction holds great importance in the success of your composition. Explain the subject well before going further deeper into it. Also, mention what perspectives you will share about the topic later and other important things.
A thesis statement one of the most critical parts of any piece of writing. It is a statement which summarizes the reason to write the essay. Draft your thesis well once you have figured out the objective of your article and include it in the introduction. It is also necessary to mention whether you are in favor or against the subject in the introduction itself, as it gives direction to your work further.
An example of a good start to your evaluative essay is given below.
Video games today are the new face of technology, which holds high curiosity for people of all ages, from kids to adults. The companies who develop the games mint millions out of them, as they make promises to take the players to a different world, where they lead the events happening around them. But rather than contributing positively to the people, these video games have various adverse effects, which lay a deep impact on the players’ psychology. To discuss the consequences of playing video games as to how they are affecting us slowly over the time and strategies to avoid such complex situations is the key objective.
2. Main Body Content of Evaluation Essay
Once defining your subject and the objective to the readers, the main content begins, where you discuss the topic in depth. Background information is necessary to bring the readers on the same grounds as yours so that it is easy for them to understand your views further. A brief summary works well, which describes the elements of your area under discussion. For example, give a brief about the type of video games that you will discuss further such as bold adult games, combat fighting games, wrestling games etc. the purpose of providing background information is to explain as to what exactly you are talking about and to justify your criteria. It brings clarity to the readers’ mind about what are the elements evaluated in your essay.
Further, the main body of the content is to be carefully explained. Discuss various perspectives on the subject you have chosen. Also, to evaluate a topic, it is a must to include facts and evidence, or else the work may seem similar as to a fictional one. Present relevant proofs to support your vision, such as graphs, charts or previous works are done on the subject. Your own observations also play a vital role as it provides an insight into what you have calculated about the situation. For example, there have been several studies on children to understand the impact of video games on their psychology. Mention some in your essay and the conclusion was drawn by the experts based on their research. This will serve as a base for supporting your own conclusion too.
After bringing the current scenario, proof and testaments under the light, discuss their impact and consequences. A thorough conversation is a must, which talks about the subject and important points to justify your subject. It is here that you present your evaluation about the subject, thus explain well about its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities or threats. To evaluate a subject, it is required to analyze it from all perceptions.
For example, write about how the psychology gets affected by playing brutal games from a young age and impact of video games on socio-cultural aspects. You can also include a case study, which will serve as an evidence and helps you explain the focus points as well.
3. Conclusion of Evaluation Essay
State your judgment about the subject and explain your view on the same. Discuss the ongoing studies, observations or anything else which are related to your topic. Justify as to how taking favor or being against the chosen subject has been the right decision. If there is a message for the readers, include it in your conclusion as well.
Brief Tips on How to Write the Best Evaluation Essay
To write a good evaluation essay that critically analyzes a topic well and justifies your observations, following are some quick tips to keep in mind.
1. Apt headline for evaluation essay writing
The first part where the readers’ attention goes is the headline, thus keep it short, crisp and catchy. Frame a title directly related to your subject and how you evaluate it. For example, suggested a title for writing an evaluation essay on harms of video games can be ‘Video games poison the human psychology’.
2. Choose your evaluation essay topic wisely
Brainstorm well about the topics that come to your mind. One of the smart ways to select one is to go for the one which has ample information available to you about it, as you would require it to study and draw your observations based on it.
3. Collect evidence of evaluative essays
Testimonials are a crucial part of an evaluation essay, as they justify your statement. For each fact, you present in your work, make sure you have at least one proof to support it. It would be inappropriate to judge a situation without presenting proofs, as your statement may seem formless without them.
4. Build strong viewpoints for evaluation
For writing a good evaluation essay, one must have strong opinions, which have the strength to convince the readers. Hence, you should also choose wisely whether you write in favor of the topic or against it. The perceptions and ideas you share must be valid, have a firm supporting evidence and should be detailed as well, to make the voice of your words stronger.
5. Re-state your essay statement in the end
As mentioned earlier, conclude your essay with reaffirming your evaluation statement, so as to make it clear to the readers that your study has been justified. Also, discuss how your aim of conducting your research has been successful and its outcomes as well.
6. Draft an outline in beginning
Before beginning to write the actual essay, make a rough outline of your work. Write down the points you wish to include, plan the sequence of all the details and work well on the strong points. A good evaluation essay comes up only if you have worked well to achieve it.
It is required to justify your work and analyze and evaluate your ideas in any field of work. With good strategies and smart planning to draft your evaluative essay, your ideas will be welcomed by everyone certainly.
Write My Evaluation Essay Service
Writing a high-quality evaluation essay is not an easy task. It requires a thorough understanding of the elements, composition and nature of evaluative essays. Students often require an exemplar evaluation essays or best evaluation essay samples based on which they can understand the format of writing such essays. Assignmenthelp.net offers to write my essay services for online evaluation essay writing. Our team of expert essay writers and essay editors have an experience with writing best college and university essays in various formats including compare and contrast essays, Narrative Essays, Expository Essays, evaluative essays, Argumentative Essays, cause and effect essays, Response Essays, reflection essays and many other varieties of college custom writing services. Not only do you get to hire an expert essay writer online but also get free essay plagiarism check service and guidance for essay editing and proofreading. Looking for help with evaluation essay topics? Our team of essay writers have also compiled 100s of best evaluation essay topics and will help you to choose the best essay topic according to your requirements. So, don’t wait and order now Online Essay Writing Help service for evaluation essay writing from Assignmenthelp.
Best Topic Ideas for Evaluation Essays
- Write an Evaluation Essay to Evaluate the recent performance of your favorite sports team.
- Evaluate the healthcare program in your state.
- Evaluate the experience of playing basketball (or any other sport) in your college.
- Evaluate the way social media sites impact modern-day social relationships.
- Evaluate a recent horror movie for how it portrays horror.
- Evaluate the experience of using digital e-books compared with the traditional paper books.
- Evaluate the climate change policy of Obama Era.
- Evaluate the recent health care reforms the USA.
- Evaluate the impact of Civil Wars in USA on the social development of US society.
- Evaluate the impact of Rising of Intelligent Machines on Manufacturing Industry.
- Evaluate the cultural diversity of Workplaces in Australia
- Evaluate your favorite foreign cuisine.
- Evaluate the modern education technology trends
- Evaluate the modern racial biases existing in today’s France.
- Evaluate the role played by Dairy industry in Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Evaluate the role played by Rapid Industrialization in destruction of Earth
- Evaluate the usefulness of medical marijuana.
- Evaluate the evolution of photography at least 10 decades.
- Write an Essay to Evaluate your Dining Experience in a Michelin Starred Restaurant.
- Evaluate the ideas expressed by the author in a research paper
- Evaluate the introduction of a geographic information system (GIS) and its impact on urban planning or real estate market.
- Evaluate the importance of continued professional development programs in Workplace
- Write an evaluation essay on the role of workplace health and safety training programs
- Evaluate the rise of Ecommerce markets in Developing countries
- Evaluate the schooling education programs in India
- Evaluate the impact made by the introduction of a recent law
- Evaluate the performance of New York Stock Exchange Market
- Evaluate the current practices hospitality industry in Australia
- Evaluate the rise of Afrikaner nationalism
- Evaluate the Death Penalty Process
- Evaluate the music performance that you recently attended
- Evaluate the local food industry in Malaysia
- Evaluate the food safety procedures
- Evaluate the effectiveness of food preservation methods
- Evaluate the effectiveness of food and beverage operations
- Evaluate the economic implications of current events
- Evaluate the economic performance of a Country
- Evaluate the legacy of the progressive movement
- Evaluate the legal effect of contract terms
- Evaluate the legal environment of business in Bangladesh
- Evaluate the methodology of the research paper
- Evaluate the recruitment and selection process of a firm
- Evaluate the alchemist as a comedy
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of FDI
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a training program
- Evaluate the arguments for and against protectionism
- Evaluate the arguments for Veganism
- Evaluate the success of the equality act 2010
- Evaluate the success of the war on poverty
- Evaluate the success of advertising on Facebook
- Evaluate the success of the assessment process
- Evaluate the success and failure of reconstruction
- Evaluate the success of the US Navy
- Evaluation essay Example Restaurant
- Evaluation Essay Example Movie
- evaluate the business intelligence of enterprise systems
- Evaluate the Gun Control Laws in the USA
- Evaluate a Website
- Evaluate a Mobile App
- Evaluate the latest Smartphone or Tablet or iPad
- Evaluate the Effectiveness of Anti-tobacco programs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Anti-Smoking Programs
- Evaluate the performance of the Political Party in Recent Elections
- Evaluate the remake of a Classic Movie
- Evaluate the performance of an Actor in a Movie
- Evaluate the Animal Rights Movement in your Country
- Evaluate the function of a Human Resource Manager
- Evaluate the contributions of the socialist ideology, use of force and economic crisis to the rise to power of Hitler
- Evaluate the importance of evolution of jaws in fishes
- Evaluate the importance of presidential primaries
- Evaluate the importance of microscope to biology
- Evaluate the importance of infrastructure in economic development
- Evaluate the importance of forests
- Evaluate the economic importance of Gymnosperms
- Evaluate the importance of Himalayan range to India
- Evaluate the importance of communication and record keeping
- Evaluate the importance of bookkeeping
- Evaluate the importance of microcredit programs for poor people
- Evaluate the factors which impact leadership effectiveness
- Evaluate the factors that fueled American imperialism
- Evaluate the factors that affect food spoilage
- Evaluate the process of waste management
- Evaluate the budget management practices
- Evaluate the factors that affect hydration levels of a human body
- Evaluate the role of taxation in National development
- Evaluate the corporate tax practices in the USA
- Evaluate the system in the Philippines
- Evaluate the tactics of Modern Terrorism
- Evaluate the political impact of globalization
- Evaluate the principles of meal planning
- Evaluate the principles of marketing mix
- Evaluate the practice of personal development
- Evaluate the principles upon which insurance is based
- Evaluate the impact of information systems on organizations
- Evaluate the impact of social inequalities in society
- Evaluate the impact of high inflation on an economy
- Evaluate the impact of GST
- Evaluate the impact of social media on youth
- Evaluate the different processes of making a tea
- Evaluate the problem of Pollution