Finance Assignment Help With Financial Reporting By Lessors
Financial Reporting By Lessors
A sales-type lease is used by manufacturers and includes a manufacturing or merchandising profit as well as interest income reflecting the financing element of the transaction.
A financial institution uses a direct-financing lease when the only profit is from interest income.
For a lessor to treat a lease as a capital lease (which they would generally prefer) it must meet at least one of the already discussed above and both of the following criteria:
- Collectability of the MLPs is reasonably certain.
- There are no significant uncertainties regarding the amount of reimbursable costs under the lease agreement.
Financial statement reporting for a sales-type lease
- Gross investment is the sum of lease payments and residual value.
- Net investment is the sum of present value of lease payments and residual value.
- Gross minus net investment is the unearned income or interest component of the lease.
- Sales revenue is the present value of lease payments.
- COGS are manufacturing costs less the present value of the residual value.
Email Based Assignment Help in Classification Of Leases
Following are some of the topics in Leasing and Off-Balance-Sheet Financing in which we provide help:
Corporate Finance Homework Help | Finance Assignment Help | Finance Assignment Help | Finance Homework Help | Finance Online Help | Finance Problems Help | Finance Tutor | Help With Finance Homework | Online Tutoring