Math Assignment Help With Ellipse
7.6.1 Introduction: An ellipse is the locus of a point that moves in such a way that the ratio of its distance from a fixed point called the focus to its distance from a fixed line, called the directrix.
The eccentricity of a ellipse, denoted e, is defined as e = c/a, where c is half the distance between foci. Eccentricity is a number that describe the degree of roundness of the ellipse. For any ellipse, 0 ≤ e ≤ 1. The smaller the eccentricity, the rounder is the ellipse. If e = 0, it is a circle and F1, F2 are coincident. If e = 1, then it's a line segment, with foci at the two end points.
Vertexes of the ellipse are defined as the intersections of the ellipse and a line passing through foci. The distance between the vertexes is called major axis or focal axis. A line passing the center and perpendicular to the major axis is the minor axis. Half the length of major axis is called semi-major axis. Half the length of major axis is called semi-minor axis.
5.6.2 Standard equation of ellipse:
Recall that the equation of a circle centered at the origin has equation
x2 + y2 = r2
Where, r is the radius. Dividing by r2 we have
x2 + y2 =1
For an ellipse there are two radii, so that we can expect that the denominators should be different.
Hence we have the standard form of an ellipse centered at the origin:
x2 + y2 = 1
The points (a,0), (-a,0), (0,b), and (0,-b) are called the vertices of the ellipse.
Email Based Assignment Help in Ellipse
To Schedule a Ellipse tutoring session
To submit Ellipse assignment click here.
Following are some of the topics in Conic Sections-Parabola, Hyperbola And Ellipse in which we provide help:
- Introduction To Conic Sections
- Parameters Of Conic Section
- Forms Of Parabola
- General Equation Of Parabola
- Position Of A Point With Respect To Parabola
- Equation Of A Tangent And Normal At A Point
- Condition Of Tangency
- Point Of Contact Of A Line And A Parabola
- Ellipse Properties
- Vertical Form Of Ellipse
- General Equation Of Ellipse
- Position Of A Point With Respect To An Ellipse
- Eccentric Angle
- Equations Of Tangent And Normal To An Ellipse
- Condition Of A Line To Touch An Ellipse
- Forms Of Hyperbola
- General Equation Of Hyperbola
- Tangent And Normal At A Point On Hyperbola
- Intersection Of A Line And Hyperbola
- Equation Of A Tangent From A Point Outside The Hyperbola
Math Assignment Help | Geometry Help | Calculus Help | Math Tutors | Algebra Tutor | Tutorial Algebra | Algebra Learn | Math Tutorial | Algebra Tutoring | Calculus Tutor | Precalculus Help | Geometry Tutor | Maths Tutor | Geometry Homework Help | Homework Tutor | Mathematics Tutor | Calculus Tutoring | Online Algebra Tutor | Geometry Tutoring | Online Algebra Tutoring | Algebra Tutors | Math Homework Helper | Calculus Homework Help | Online Tutoring | Calculus Tutors | Homework Tutoring
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help