Originally derived from a greek root with latin equivalent in Physiologia, which denoted natural knowledge.
Homeostasis means maintaining internal environment. It involves Negative feed back mechanism, an action that directly opposes a variation from normal limits. And positive feed back mechanism i.e an initial disturbance in a system sets off a chain of events that increase the disturbance further.
# transport across cell membrane
Passive Transport Process
- Diffusion :- molecules move from higher concentration to lower concentration. It can be two types Simple and Facilitated.
- Osmosis :- diffusion across semipermiable membrane
Active Transport Process
- Primary active transport process :- it consist of a) sodium-potassium pump or Na –K ATPase b) calcium pump c)potassium hydrogen pump
- Secondary active transport process :-in this the active transport of Na is coupled with the transport of other substance. Example glucose transport in PCT
- Carrier type processes:- it can be of a)Uniport b) Symport c) Antiport
- Vascular transport process or transcytosis :- it can be a) Endocytosis b) Exocytosis
Email Based Homework Help in Physiology
To Schedule a Physiology tutoring session
To submit Physiology assignment click here.
Following are some of the topics in Physiology in which we provide help: