Week 4 discussion 2
Week 4 Discussion 2
- Dialogue is when two or more characters in a scene carry on a conversation with one another.
- Sound Effects are sounds such as explosions, nature sounds, door creaks, and gun shots that we hear in films which are used to help the audience with the realism of what they are seeing on the screen.
- Music is used in films to help create depth to a scene to help bring the emotion out to reach its audience in a meaningful way.
- I think that the impact that sound has in establishing a theme is that it enhances the visual elements and helps create and pulls you into the film that you are watching. It gives signals to your brain which helps you to anticipate what may happen next (Goodykoontz, Jacobs, Meetze & Pritts, 2019)
- The use of sound is a crucial part of film making. The use of sound effects, dialogue, and music is what creates the emotion that the viewer feels where it is sadness, fear of what is around the corner, or action from explosions. Sounds pulls what you are seeing on the screen and makes you feel it as if you were in the scene.
- One scene that relates to the Western genre in the film Unforgiven is when William Munny (Clint Eastwood) and Ned Logan (Morgan Freeman) are sitting around the fire talking about the past and how they are no longer that same men they once were. Its dark and you can see the stars in the sky. As you listen you can hear the cracking of the fire and the coyotes howling in the distances. I think this scene portrays the open range and the idea of what a western movie is expected to be like.
- I believe that the sounds effects that are used in the film Unforgiven are very realistic and expected sounds as its is what you would hear if you went out into the mountains camping.
- I think that if you changed the sounds of the fire crackling or the removed the animal sounds from the wilderness then the scene would not be realistic.
- Goodykoontz, B., Jacobs, C. P., Meetze, J., & Pritts, N. (2019). Film: From watching to seeing(3rd ed.) Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
Assignment Help Features
Assignment Help Services
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help