Statistics Homework Question Sample Assignment
1. To estimate the percentage of households in Connecticut which use fuel oil as a heating source, a researcher collects information from 1000 Connecticut households about what fuel is their heating source. State the individual, variable, population, sample, parameter, and statistic.
Individual- A household
Variable- The response to the question does each household use fuel oil as their heating source? This is qualitative because it is recording a person’s response- yes or no.
Population- Set of all responses of Connecticut households.
Sample- Set of 1000 responses of Connecticut households.
Parameter- Percentage who use fuel oil calculated from population of Connecticut households.
Statistic- Percentage who use fuel oil calculated from sample of Connecticut households.
2. The World Health Organization wishes to estimate the mean density of people per square kilometer, they collect data on 56 countries. State the individual, variable, population, sample, parameter, and statistic
Individual- A single country
Variable- The mean density of people per square kilometer of all countries.
Population- Set of all countries.
Sample-Set of the 56 countries.
Parameter- The mean density of people per square kilometer calculated from the population.
Statistic- The mean density of people per square kilometer calculated from the sample.
3. In Connecticut households use gas, fuel oil, or electricity as a heating source.
Table #2.1.7 shows the percentage of households that use one of these as theirprinciple heating sources ("Electricity usage," 2013), ("Fuel oil usage," 2013),("Gas usage," 2013). Create a bar chart and pie chart of this data. State any findings you see from the graphs.
Table #2.1.7: Data of Household Heating Sources
Heating Source Percentage
Fuel Oil 46.3%
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help