SSUD71-305: Project Portfolio and Program Management
Written Report - Project Health Check
Conduct a project health check of a fictitious project of your choosing. Using what you have learned in class, produce a report to communicate your findings.
The report should be a maximum of 2500 words and include tables, charts and other materials to support the analysis.
The report should answer the key questions about the project.
- Is this an approved project?
- Is this a unique project?
- Is there a fit with business strategy?
- Is the technology viable?
- Is there an appropriate sponsor?
- Is there customer buy-in?
- Is the project dependent on another project?
- Is the defect rate acceptable?
The report will need to evaluate the vital signs of the project. Students are encouraged to explore a range of searching questions which demonstrate thorough analysis of the vital signs.
- Strategic alignment
- Customer buy-in
- Technology is viable
- Vendor is viable
- Status of critical path
- Milestone hit rate
- Deliverable hit rate
- Unresolved issues
- Actual vs Planned resources
- High probability vs High impact risks
- Overtime utilisation
- Team disposition (effectiveness)
Finally, the report should provide a justified recommendation to the project steering committee as to whether the project should continue as planned, continue with a recovery plan, or be cancelled outright.
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help