Simulated experience of Jared Griffins case
Guided Reflection Questions
- How did the simulated experience of Jared Griffin’s case make you feel?
This simulation helped me understand what proper PPE was necessary for contact precautions.
- Talk about what went well in the scenario.
Proper Assessment of wounds and vital signs went well in this scenario.
- Reflecting on Jared Griffin’s case, were there any actions you would do differently if you were to repeat this scenario? If so, how would your patient care change?
No there are no actions I would do differently.
- What priority problem(s) did you identify for Jared Griffin?
Mr. Griffins priority problem was his open incision.
- What potential problems could arise from improper infection control practices?
The patient could come in contact with pathogens and the risk for infection would increase.
- Discuss the relationship between the spread of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) and proper infection control.
When implemented by hospital staff proper infection control can greatly decreases the spread of pathogens which decreases HAIs.
- Discuss the importance of patient education on proper infection control practices.
The importance of patient education on proper infection control allows the patient to participate in their care and lets them know that we are actively participating in patient care.
- What other interprofessional team members should be involved in Jared Griffin’s care?
Other Health professionals that should be involved in Mr. Giffins care is his PCP, nurses, Physical therapist and pharmacist.
Describe how you would apply the knowledge and skills that you obtained in Jared Griffin’s case to an actual patient care situation.
I would apply the knowledge and skills learned in the simulation into actual patient care by implementing proper PPE when needed and by providing necessary patient care when a risk for infection is present.