+1-617-874-1011 (US)
+61-7-5641-0117 (AU)
+44-117-230-1145 (UK)
Live Chat

U55039 managing business projects


This document is a simplified version of the assignment instructions contained within the full module guide. For full information about learning objectives and hand in instructions refer to the module guide.

Note: This assignment is worth 60% of the module marks. The other 40% are for the endof-semester examination.

Assignment task [60% weighting]

This is an Individual piece of work. You are required to read the case study “Managing a Store Relocation Project: Marks and Spencer in Kendal”.

Answer the following questions:

  1. Who are the key stakeholders and how will they need to be managed during this project? [25%]
  2. Complete a project plan and use this to provide an opening date for the new store. Explain your answer carefully. [50%]
  3. Reflecting on your own experience of managing the delivery date of your assignment, to a tight schedule, critically appraise how well M&S are managing this project. [25%]

Assessment criteria

Marks will be earned for:

  • Reference to and use of frameworks and tools from the course and wider reading, sometimes beyond the standard test and reading list.
  • Good application of the tools to the case data, especially that concerning stakeholder management, project planning and risk assessment.
  • Clear reporting
  • Good decision-making and problem analysis

Presenting coursework for assessment

Assignments must be presented in the following format:

  • Assignments must be word-processed in 11 font Arial
  • All pages must be numbered
  • The assignment must be presented with an assignment statement of originality that is signed, have a front cover showing the programme title, module number and name, title of the assignment, name of the person submitting the work, student number and submission date
  • Margins must be as follows: Top: 1 inch, Bottom: 1 inch (2.5 cm), Left: 1.25 inches, Right: 1.25 inches (3.2 cm)

Assignments not complying with this format will be returned to students unmarked.

Assignment length

We require you to complete your assignment within a word limit of 2000 words.

The specified word count refers to the main body of the report and does not include front cover, title page, contents page, tables, reference list, bibliography or appendices. The word count does include headings and in-text citations, but not equations or diagrams.

Appendices themselves will not be marked. However, inappropriate use of appendices will be taken into consideration when awarding the final mark.

Improve Your Grades with Custom Writing Help
Homework Help
Writing Help
Editing Services
Plagiarism check
Proofreading services
Research Project help
Custom writing services
E learning blogs

Disclaimer : The study tools and academic assistance/guidance through online tutoring sessions provided by AssignmentHelp.Net is to help and enable students to compete academically. The website does not provide ghostwriting services and has ZERO TOLERANCE towards misuse of the services. In case any user is found misusing our services, the user's account will be immediately terminated.