ELCT 704 Power Electronics Assignment 1
Faculty of Information Engineering & Technology Electrical & Electronics Department Power Electronics (ELCT 704) German University in Cairo
A 220V, 50Hz voltage source is used to supply the armature circuit of an R-L-E load through a single phase half wave controlled rectifier. If the value of the resistance is 1Ω, the inductance is 0.015H and the battery voltage is 20V.
- Find an expression for the instantaneous output current in terms of the firing angle α and the extinction angle β. (No calculations are required)
- Find the firing angle at which the average output voltage becomes maximum.
- For the firing angle of Part (2), find the average output voltage and average current.
- For a firing angle of 90o, sketch the following:
- The supply voltage and the battery voltage on the same graph
- The output voltage
- The output current
- The voltage across the thyristor
Database (48) Accounting (39) Economics (34) Finance (54) Programming (122) Management (69) Marketing (25) Report Writing (52) Engineering (79) Statistics (39) Business Studies(45) Case Studies (15) Networking (26) UML (9) Science (23) Nursing (11) MATLAB (17) Psychology (6) Math (20) Data Structure (9) Python (15) HRM (25) IT (21) Computer Science (57) Law (4) Essay (3) Data Analysis (2) Big Data (3) Philosophy (2) History (1)