- Computational Modeling for Political and Policy Analysis
Computational Modeling for Political and Policy Analysis
Advanced Academic Programs
Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
Johns Hopkins University
This assignment will get you started learning NetLogo. This assignment is worth 5% of your course grade.
- Follow this link to download and install NetLogo for your operating system.
- Read the Introduction section in the NetLogo User Manual, which is in the top left corner of this website.
- Complete Tutorials #1-3 in the Learning NetLogo section of the website above. Tutorial #3 requires you to write your first NetLogo program. As you do so please make sure to annotate your computer code. I cannot stress enough how important it is to get in the habit of documenting the code that you write. Additionally, please enter information about your model in the Information tab (you will learn where this tab is located as you complete the tutorials).
- Select a model from the Models Library (you will learn where this library is located as you complete the tutorials), examine the code, and write a 2 page paper that explains how it works. The most relevant models are located in the Social Science folder.
Your grade for this assignment is based on the code you write for Tutorial #3 (2.5%) and your model presentation in #4 (2.5%). Note: you need to submit your fcode or Tutorial #3.