Case analysis Mahindra and Mahindra in South Africa
- 7-to-8 page analysis of the issues that responds to the criteria listed below.
- Research is not required. Use only the data presented in the case study itself.
- The report is to be double-spaced with 1-inch margins, 10-to-12 point type,
- Use APA format for citations and references.
- The cover page and list of references are not part of the page count. The report’s organization is indicated below.
Imagine that you are Mr. Shah. Prepare a 7-to-8 page presentation to the board of M&M (SA) regarding recommended options.
Paper should be organized as follows:
- Overview of the issues:
- Analyze M&M’s (SA) position and prospects within the overall M&M corporate strategy.
Analysis of possible options: Four managerial options are available:
- Contract assembly: Collaborate with a local producer to use the latter’s surplus to assemble vehicles in South Africa?
- Own manufacturing: Set up M&M’s own manufacturing unit?
- Use South Africa as a hub: Adjust the current business model of importing completely built units (CBUs) from India to expand into the African market by using South Africa as a re-export hub?
- Wait and Watch?
Your presentation to the board should present the downside and upside of each of the four options based on three criteria:
- Strategic attractiveness
- Economic viability
- Organizational feasibility
- Prognosticate where each of the decisions might bring M&M (SA) by 2015.
- Conclusions and Recommendations:
- Recommend one of the options to the board and explain your choice.