Australasian International Academy (AIA)
Assessment Task 1
InstructionsProvide answers to all of the questions below:
Assessment Task 2: Manage marketing performance project
This assessment task requires you in the role of Marketing Manager for NatureCare Products to prepare for a meeting with the Marketing Director to discuss the company’s marketing performance and to agree on a strategy that will ensure that the marketing effort is directed towards the area of greatest potential for the company. This assessment is to be completed in the simulated work environment in your RTO.Required
Assessment Task 2 Instructions
NatureCare Products is based in Brisbane, Queensland Australia. The company manufactures and retails eco-friendly, high quality beauty skin care products. The business was established in 2011 to cater for a perceived demand for skin products that contain eco-friendly and natural ingredients. There is also an emphasis on eco-friendly packaging.
Its objectives as stated in its Strategic Plan are as follows:
To be well led, high performing, profitable and accountable
Supply high quality products to meet customer needs and aspirations
Continue building deeper customer relationships
Attract, engage and develop the best staff
The company has a range of products that include:
The company would like to add more products over time and is focussed on a range of products to meet particular skin needs rather than a one-size fits all.
Market research has identified that around 70% of customers are professional women aged 25 to 55. The current strategy of the company as identified in its latest Marketing Plan is niche marketing to the target group based on positioning the products as high quality and eco-friendly. The prices of products are slightly higher than major competitors. The company is in a strong financial position as shown in its Business Plan and has a budget of around $50,000 for marketing for the next financial year. The company is interested in expanding overseas. Research, for example, has identified that Japan may represent a good opportunity for the company as it has been identified there are good opportunities for products made from natural ingredients. Regarding the company’s current promotional activities, successful promotional activities have been advertisements on the Australian body + soul web site and in the Natural Health magazine. There have also been in-store promotions with the focus on high quality products for women. The management team of NatureCare Products has advised that its primary marketing objectives are:
Increase the number of people who make a purchase while visiting the online store by 20%.
Increase the number of retail outlets selling NatureCare Products by 150.
To increase product awareness amongst the target market by 20%.
To increase market share to 15%. To expand into at least one international market.
To identify new products and new markets.
To attain annual growth of at least 10% over the next three years.
Regarding market trends, health warnings, environmental concerns, ethical concerns, therapy awareness and organic attitudes have all contributed to the growth in popularity of natural-based personal care products. It is predicated that natural/organic skincare, hair care and cosmetics sales will continue to grow strongly in the retail sector. Cosmetics in general are also still growing strongly. Currently the business is selling its products through a number of retail outlets throughout Australia, mostly health food stores. It also has a web site with a shopping cart and approximately 30% of sales are sold through the web site. The company is reasonably happy with sales through the web site but would like to do more in the future, for example, through reviewing search engine optimisation, to use social media, as well as national and local business networks such as the local Chamber of Commerceto generate sales. With regard to the marketing of NatureCare Products, the current marketing mix for products is as follows:Current Pricing Strategy: Offer quality products at a premium price Current Promotional Strategy: Previously relied on web site only. A Facebook page has now been established. Also sending out a monthly newsletter, as well as blogging to improve SEO.Current Distribution Strategy: Offer products via on-lin e shop and in stores across Australia, mainly health food stores.
Complete the following activities:
1. Write a briefing report.Assume that the Marketing Director of Nature Care Products has asked you to review current marketing performance with a view to ensuring that the marketing effort is directed to the area of greatest potential for the company. Review the scenario information, marketing performance to date and Market Research Results to identify:
Based on your review, develop a briefing report outlining your research and analysis as above and your recommendations on marketing activities that have the most potential for the organisation. As a guide, your report should be a minimum of two pages, will be written in clear and concise English to ensure that key messages are conveyed. Use the Briefing Report Template to guide your response.
2. Prepare a draft of an email to be sent to Marketing Director (your assessor).The text of the email should be in grammatically correct English, written in an appropriate (polite, business-like) style.It should introduce and summarise the contents of the attachment, and ask for an appointment to discuss the document.Submit your Briefing Report along with this email.Your Assessor will respond with the time and place of a meeting.
3. Participate in a meeting with Marketing Director to discuss your briefing report.At the meeting you will be required to discuss the contents of your briefing report and seek agreement for the strategies and activities that you have recommended.During the meeting, you will be required to demonstrate effective communication skills including:
At the end of the meeting, the Marketing Director (your assessor) and yourself will agree on the detailed plans/briefs that need to be developed and implemented in order to manage the marketing effort.
4. Revise the briefing report.Update your briefing report to include the plans/briefs you discussed at the meeting.Ensure that the briefing report reflects all that was discussed.
5. Develop the plans and/or briefs discussed during the meeting.These documents will have been discussed at the meeting. Use the internet to research the contents of these.
6. Develop a communication strategy.The purpose of the strategy is to ensure that there is regular communication within the company, so that all staff are working together.Use the Communication Plan Template to guide your work.
7. Prepare a draft of an email to be sent to Marketing Director (your assessor).The text of the email should be in grammatically correct English, written in an appropriate (polite, business-like) style.It should introduce and summarise the contents of the attachment. Submit your revised Briefing Report and Communication Plan, as well as plan/briefs along with the email’s draft.
Assessment Task 3: Manage marketing staff project
This task requires you to organise a meeting for all staff involved in the marketing effort and to communicate the briefing report and briefs/plans, as well as the communication strategy that you developed in Assessment Task 2. You are also to use the session to provide coaching to staff on effective marketing techniques, as well as develop and implement a mentoring plan for a staff member and take action to safeguard marketing outcomes due to incorrect practices by your team. This assessment is to be completed in the simulated work environment in your RTO.
Assessment Task 3 Instructions
1. Prepare for team meeting You are required to prepare for a meeting with all staff involved in the marketing effort to communicate strategic marketing objectives and the plans/briefs you developed, as well as the communication strategy. This part of the meeting will last for approximately 15 minutes. You should prepare presentation aids such as PowerPoints or handouts to assist you with presenting the information. Additionally, you are required to use the meeting as a chance to coach your team in marketing. To do this you are required to identify a topic relating to effective marketing and research and develop a short coaching session to be included as part of the meeting. Consider how you can best provide information to staff with varying levels of skills, knowledge and experience in marketing. and ensure your incorporate techniques you identify as suitable into your presentation. The coaching session component should last a minimum of 15 minutes and include presentation aids to assist with interest, for example, a video or PowerPoint presentation. Prepare copies of the plans/briefs you developed for Assessment Task 2 prior to the meeting to provide to the meeting attendees. You will need to ensure that you explain all roles and responsibilities listed in your plan, and agree on these.
2. Prepare a draft of an email to be sent all staff (your assessor). The text of the email should be in grammatically correct English, written in an appropriate (polite, collegial) style.In your draft email, advise staff of the date and time and purpose of the meeting you will conduct.
3. Conduct the meetingConduct the meeting using the presentation aids you developed. Ensure you address the following within the meeting:
Before concluding the meeting, you and the staff must confirm and agree on roles and responsibilities in relation to marketing activities to address strategic marketing objectives. During the meeting, demonstrate effective communication skills including:
Following the meeting, the Administration Officer, Alice, approaches you. She asks you if it would be possible to develop a mentoring relationship with you as she is interesting in developing her marketing skills and moving into a marketing role. She advises that she has some existing knowledge of marketing but would like to develop her skills and knowledge in the following specific areas, as well as general skills:
4. Develop a mentoring plan Develop a mentoring plan for Alice for the upcoming 6 months. As a minimum your plan should include details of the mentoring arrangement, time period, number of meetings during the period and activities to be completed, as well as expectations.
5. Meet with Alice (your assessor) and provide mentoringWhen you have developed the plan, print put a copy to give to Alice at the beginning of the meeting.Meet with Alice to discuss the plan (provide a printed copy) and to provide a first mentoring session on digital marketing. Focus on one area of digital marketing and also discuss at least two activities that Alice could complete to develop her skills. Provide feedback to Alice about what you believe are best practice digital marketing techniques to give Alice a start. As a guide the meeting will last approximately 30 minutes and you will need to demonstrate effective communication skills including speaking clearly and concisely, responding to questions and active listening.
It has recently come to your attention that the marketing team have been offering customers the opportunity to write positive testimonials about the quality of the company’s service and products. Customers have been emailed and offered $50 off their next purchases if they write a favourable review for posting on the company’s web site and/or Facebook page. You know that this is not allowed under consumer law
6. Team performance reviewWrite to your team (your assessor) about the issue and give feedback to explain why the practice is not allowed under legislation, and actions required.
Assessment Task 4: Evaluate marketing performance project
This assessment task requires you to review the case study information about Tourism Australia’s India 2020 Tourism Growth Plan and report on marketing performance.This assessment is to be completed in the simulated work environment in your RTO.
Access to the following resources:
Assessment Task 4 Instructions
Carefully read the following:
In 2012 Tourism Australia released their India 2020 tourism growth plan.Review full information about the campaign at the following link:
You should also review the India 2020 Strategic Plan. Assume that, in 2017, you have been asked to report on performance using the market profile data at:
Complete the following activities:
1. Review data Review the information above in preparation for developing a marketing performance report.First of all, review information about the campaign, as well as the strategic plan and identify and makes notes on the following for use in your performance report:
Next, review the current market profile information and using the data, make notes on the following:
2. Develop a marketing performance report
Using your research and analysis above, develop a marketing performance report to review progress against the India 2020 strategy. Use the Marketing Performance Report Template to help structure your response.Your marketing performance report must include:
3. Prepare a draft of an email to be sent to your assessor. The text of the email should be in grammatically correct English, written in an appropriate (polite, collegial) style.The email text should introduce and summarise the attachment. Submit to your marketing performance report along with report.
Assignment Writing Help
Engineering Assignment Services
Do My Assignment Help
Write My Essay Services