- 10B11CI511 Operating Systems Assignment 4
10B11CI511 Operating Systems Assignment 4
- Q.1. In Fig.1, three process states are shown. In theory, with three states, there could be six transitions, two out of each state. However, only four transitions are shown. Are there any circumstances in which either or both of the missing transitions might occur?
- Q.2. Can a multithreaded solution using multiple user-level threads achieve better performance on a multiprocessor system than on a single processor system? Explain.
- Q.3. A CPU-scheduling algorithm determines an order for the execution of its scheduled processes. Given n processes to be scheduled on one processor, how many different schedules are possible? Give a formula in terms of n.
- Q.4. Consider a variant of the RR scheduling algorithm in which the entries in the ready queue are pointers to the PCBs.
- What would be the effect of putting two pointers to the same process in the ready queue?
- What would be two major advantages and two disadvantages of this scheme?