PP321 Assignment 2
Commonwealth Executive Master’s in Public Administration PUBLIC POLICY PP321 ASSIGNMENT 2
- There are four questions (essays) in this paper.
- Answer All Questions in this paper.
- Each question takes 25 Marks.
- The answers must be written in an essay format and with proper referencing/citation. N.B. Marks will be awarded for good referencing.
- For each question, write a minimum of 5 pages, plus a page of references.
- Use a minimum of five different sources/references to answer each question.
Specific Instructions for Essay Writing
- Communicate clearly and provide a source for every sentence that is not your own opinion. Learn to use multiple sources in one paragraph.
- The ideal essay will have an introduction which outlines everything that is going to be discussed in the essay. It will also have some sub-headings of the issues that are going to be discussed. A discussion which has explanations and examples will give the students more marks. At the end, the essay must have a conclusion, which summarizes the issues that were discussed in the essay. Every academic essay must have references at the end.
- In this regard, marks will be allocated in the following manner for each essay: 2 marks will go for a good introduction; and another 2 marks will go for a good conclusion. 15 marks will go for the logical presentation and discussion of the issues. And lastly 6 marks will go for overall presentation and proper referencing/citation procedures. There is no right or wrong answer; students are expected to show their analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to use multiple sources when addressing academic issues. (Total: 25 marks).
- Using a public policy of your choice, show how this policy was formulated; how it was implemented; as well as how it was monitored and evaluated. What were/are the main challenges associated with this policy? Illustrate with relevant examples. (Total: 25 marks).
- What is the role of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in public policy making? Suggest ways of capacity building and enhanced NGO participation in public policy making. Discuss with the aid of relevant examples. (Total: 25 marks).
- Discuss the importance of ethics and accountability in the public service and suggest some of the key strategies and methods that can be used as part of public policy to ensure accountability on the part of both elected and unelected government officials.
- Analyze the role of the mass media in influencing public policy. Illustrate with the aid of relevant examples. (Total: 25 marks)
NB. Use relevant journal articles and case studies to answer each question in detail.
Assignment Help Features
Assignment Help Services
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help