List of Few Political Science Research Essay Topics
- Electoral Systems, Political Process and Political Outcomes. What are the differences between majoritarian and proportional representation electoral systems and what are the political consequences of these different electoral rules?
- Religion, Race and the French Republic. Discuss the affaire du foulard, what it revealed about French politics and society, and how the issue of religious dress in public spaces continues to be a political issue in France.
- Post-Communism and New State Formation. Why ethnic war as a feature of the breakup of Yugoslavia and peaceful separation in Czechoslovakia?
- Extra parliamentary Opposition and Labour Unrest. Discuss the origins and consequences of either the Italian ‘Hot Autumn’ or ‘May-June 68’.
- Classifying and Explaining Political Regimes: The Case of Russia. How would you describe and analyze the central features of the political regime in contemporary Russia?
- American Government
- The Politics of Immigration After 9/11. Did the events of 9/11 change politics and policies with regard to the integration of immigrants in one of: Italy, France, Germany or Great Britain?
- Political Parties in America
- Is corruption an endemic feature of Italian politics?
- Ecology and Politics in Germany. What impact did Petra Kelly and the Greens have on politics in Germany?
- How would you explain variations in support for the New Right in different European countries?
- For or Against the European Constitution. Why did France reject the proposed European constitution in 2005?
- The European Union is an ‘economic giant but a political dwarf”. Discuss.
- Is the EU still a 'French-German condominium”? How has enlargement changed the structure and dynamics of the EU?
- Convergence or Diversity. Are European states and societies becoming more alike, that is converging, or are there enduring differences? Why or why not?
- Economic className and Inequality. Is economic className a dead political issue in European politics?
- What sorts of inequalities seem to be the most immune to welfare state interventions?
- Federalism in Germany. Discuss the central features of the federal political system in Germany and the role that federal institution plays in policy-making in Germany.
- The Eurozone. What does the ongoing economic crisis in the Eurozone reveal about European integration and the European Union?
- Coalition Government. Is the current coalition government in Britain an anomaly in British political history? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the coalition government in a Westminster political system?
- Political Management of the Economy. What accounts for the enduring economic success of Germany? Is the 'social market model' still a characteristic of the German political economy?
- Political Regionalism and Protest Politics. What were the origins and grievances of the Lega Nord in Italy and what impact did it have on Italian politics?
- Decolonization and Domestic Politics. What were the consequences of the decolonization of Algeria for domestic politics in France?
- Euroscepticism. Define Euroscepticism and discuss its significance in British politics and the British party system.
- Social Democracy and the Welfare State. Is there a distinctive social democratic model of the welfare state? Describe its key features and its strengths and weaknesses.
- Christian Democracy and Post War Settlements. What is Christian Democracy and what was its contribution to political stabilization after World War II in one of: West Germany, France or Italy?
- The Endurance of Communism in Western Europe. How would you explain the longevity of Communist political parties in either France or Italy?
- Political Devolution in Great Britain. Will Scotland separate from the United Kingdom? What are the forces driving the decision to hold a referendum on Scottish independence in 2014? Why were legislatures established in Wales and Scotland in the late 1990s?
- De Gaulle and French Politics. What role did Charles de Gaulle play in the politics of the Fourth and early Fifth Republics?
- New Labour in Great Britain. How would you summarize the key differences between ‘(old) Labour’ and ‘New Labour’ in Great Britain and why do these differences matter?
- Political Beliefs and Behaviour
- Constitutional Underpinnings of American Democracy
- Operation KADESH: Israeli Participation in the 1956 Conflict
- Arabs at War: Military Effectiveness, 1948-1991
Improve Your Grades with Custom Writing Help
Research Project helpCustom writing services