Rule based programming Language is used as a way to store a manipulate knowledge to interpret information in useful way. It is often used in AI (Artificial Intelligence) applications and research. The example of rule-based system is the domain-specific expert system that used rules to make deductions or choices.
For an example, an expert system help a teacher to choose a student based on the performance of the student in exams, activities or select tactical moves to play a game.
It has four basic components:
- List of rule or rule base: It is used for specific type of knowledge base.
- A semantic engine, which is used for taking action based on the interaction of input and the rule base.
- Third component has three phases
- Match: In this first phase, the left-hand sides of all productions are matched against the contents of working memory.
- Conflict-Resolution: In second phase the production instantiations in the conflict set is chosen for execution.
- Act: In third phase, the actions of the production selected in the conflict-resolution phase are executed.
- Temporary working memory.
Here is an example of Rule-based languages
(object-class request ^action) (startup (strategy MEA) (make request ^action hello) ) (rule hello (request ^action hello) (write | Hello, world!| (crlf)) )
Following are some of the Languages in Rule-based languages:
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help