Narrative Writing Help
The type of writing which tells or narrates a story is called as narrative writing. The difference between “Goldilocks ad the three bears “and an article in a newspaper on bears defines narrative writing. Any kind of writing which tells a story is classified as narrative writing.
Some of the times we can find a narrator, narrating the story which either can be a character of the same story or the omnipresent individual who knows everything and then tells us the story. Whenever a person tells a story or happenings in their life they are playing the role of narrator.
There is always a sequence of events which narrates the story in a properly organized manner. This sequence is started mostly with the vents leading to the plot. Narrative writing includes characters who are placed on the setting of the story. Also, there is always a narrator, who’s perspective guides the story. Narrative writing is always shaped with details and details leads to clues about the purpose of the plot.
NARRATIVE WRITING IN FICTION
Narrative writing can have two categories I.e. Fiction and Non-Fiction. Fiction here is based on imaginative events or stories, which have not happened in real. Made-up stories are fiction narrative. examples of these can be novels and short stories which are not real. Macbeth, How to Kill a Mocking Bird etc. can be some examples of fiction narratives.
NARRATIVE WRITING IN NON - FICTION
Whereas in Non - Fiction writing is based on real facts. This can be newspapers, essays, reports and other informative writing which is written in the format of storytelling. Narrative non-fiction should have a real story with real people and events. Autobiographies and Biographies are examples of this genre, literary journalism, fact-based storytelling is examples of this.
CHARACTERISTICS OF NARRATIVE WRITING
The fictional and non-fictional narrative writing should have the following elements to make it a well-described story. The following elements give a constructive format for the storyline.
- Plot - Plot is basically the events which take place within a story. A plot in the narrative writing tells the main events in the story and they are influencing the characters as well as the readers. Certain elements in the story lead up to the plot of the story and provoke the emotions of readers.
- Characters - Characters are very significant in narrative writing. Some of the times the narrators are placed as a character in the writing. Right character setting helps build the storyline in more detail and expertise way. There is always a protagonist character in the story, Characters who are family of protagonist, Characters who play in the romantic life of the story, Characters who are given the role of villain, characters who are shown as the opposite of protagonist, etc. But the character setting always depends on the storyline and setting of the narrative writing
3.Setting - The setting is the place and time of events leading further in narrative writing. Setting is a very important consideration during writing in narrative form. The setting establishes readers a familiar ground to characters and everything which matters to the storyline.
- Structure - Structure of narrative writing in general wherein the beginning narrative helps the readers introduce setting, characters, situations and the main goal of the writing. Further, the structure develops through a series of problematic events and all the characters are in crises which are resolved in the third part of structure I.e. the climax.
- 5. Theme - The theme of narrative writing is solely the reason for all the entertainment. A narrative theme guides a moral to live and provokes the reader to think about some events more critically.
TYPES OF NARRATIVE WRITING
There can be many types of narrative writing which are classified below -
- Tall tale - This is humorous writing which narrates impossible happenings, exaggerated her’s accomplishments.
- Realistic Fiction - Narratives which narrate fictional characters, settings and events which could be real are realistic fiction.
- Play - narrative writing can be found in play but the storyline here has dialogues and is meant to be performed on Stage.
- Novella - Narrative writing including fiction, prose. The novella is longer than a story but shorter than a novel.
- Non -linear narrative - A narrative which has a plot not conform to conventional chronology, causality and any perspective.
- Myth - Myths are narratives which describe an ancient story. Myths explain the mysteries of life and nature.
- Legend - A narrative writing which is based on facts but has exaggerated the protagonist is Legend
- A Folk Tale - Folk tales are old narratives which are narrated orally and has the customs and traditions of the culture.
- Fable - A fable is a didactic narrative which is used on animal characters which are personified.
- Epic - An epic is a narrative in the form of prose. The narrative deals which a hero/heroine and their exploits.
- Biography - Biography is a detailed narrative written as an account of Someone's life.
The types of narrative Writing do not end here. There can be more types like Autobiography, captivity narrative, Epic, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Memoir, News, Novel, Parable, Quest narrative, Short story, etc. All of these can be also called as examples of narrative writing.
A SAMPLE OF NARRATIVE WRITING
The following are samples of narrative writing.
- The excerpt below is taken from” Playground Memory “and it has excellent sensory details.
"Looking back on a childhood filled with events and memories, I find it rather difficult to pick on that leaves me with the fabled "warm and fuzzy feelings." As the daughter of an Air Force Major, I had the pleasure of travelling across America in many moving trips. I have visited the monstrous trees of the Sequoia National Forest, stood on the edge of the Grande Canyon and have jumped on the beds at Caesar's Palace in Lake Tahoe. However, I have discovered that when reflecting on my childhood, it is not the trips that come to mind, instead, there are details from everyday doings; a deck of cards, a silver bank or an ice cream flavour. One memory that comes to mind belongs to a day of no particular importance. It was late in the fall in Merced, California on the playground of my old elementary school; an overcast day with the wind blowing strong. I stood on the blacktop, pulling my hoodie over my ears. The wind was causing miniature tornados; we called them "dirt devils", to swarm around me.”
- The next excerpt shows mystery combined with the fear of the narrator. The reader has to continue reading further to know the reason for fear. The excerpt is taken from “The Climb “ -
"I have this fear. It causes my legs to shake. I break out in a cold sweat. I start jabbering to anyone who is nearby. As thoughts of certain death run through my mind, the world appears a precious, treasured place. I imagine my own funeral, then shrink back at the implications of where my thoughts are taking me. My stomach feels strange. My palms are clammy. I am terrified of heights. Of course, it's not really a fear of being in a high place. Rather, it is the view of a long way to fall, of rocks far below me and no firm wall between me and the edge. My sense of security is screamingly absent. There are no guardrails, flimsy though I picture them, or other safety devices. I can rely only on my own surefootedness-or lack thereof."
IMPORTANCE OF NARRATIVE WRITING
It is very important to learn narrative writing because in an individual’s day to day life he must know how to write texts, emails, cover letters, blogs, etc. A person must know the format in which he can easily deliver his beliefs, ambitions, important information, feelings, etc.
Narrative writing is nothing else but an individual’s day to day life which involves stories of personal life. To stimulate the imagination of student universities to give the task of narrative writing which allows the students to express their stories in words. Students are able to clarify their thinking while writing in a narrative format. All the expressions narrated by students are well-formatted which helps them learn the skill of organization. Narrative writing also helps students in exploring different identities to place in the characters and different settings.
DIFFICULTIES IN ACADEMIC NARRATIVE WRITING
Writing in Narrative format is difficult for students because they do not have skills to listen, view, read and respond to different texts. They are not comfortable with expressing themselves and what ideas, thoughts and feelings. With weak skills and low sharing habits, students are not able creatively to write. Thus, narrative writing has always been a difficult question for them. Even after writing and practising many times .there are linguistic errors as well as errors in mechanics and structure of the writing. Both of the mistakes can equally damage good content.
ASSIGNMENTHELP.NET EXPERT HELP NARRATIVE WRITING
Assignmenthelp.net understands the problems a student deals with thus we have hired Ph.D. writers in the field of language. Experts hired in Assignmenthelp.net has a proper technique of writing in a narrative format.
- The very first step we take towards an excellent narrative writing is considering a topic which has the client’s interest. The topics are unique and chosen according to the current interest of the population.
- We start by drafting the structure of the topic. Planning is essential for a good story. While writing further this structure is polished whenever there is a requirement.
- Elements are added to the storyline which describes the story in more detail. Although details do not mean an unnecessary one. (plot, theme, characters, etc.)
- The moral or point of the story is made clear so that there is always learning from an event.
ADVANTAGES OF ASSIGNMENTHELP.NET
- We have D. writers hired who are skilled in writing narratives. It doesn't matter what type of narrative is assigned we have experts for every type.
- The Ph.D. writers deliver the quality narrative writing in the exact deadline assigned by the client to us.
- Narrative writing is done at a very pocket-friendly price without making the student tensed about the payment.
- Rules for narrative writing can be different to every university. Thus, we take the responsibility of checking the university guidelines every now and then so that no mistakes could take place.
- All Narrative Writings are done without plagiaris
- Original content in narrative writing is written. This content is started from scratc
- We use proper referencing if any critical viewpoints are quoted.
- Narrative Writing is done according to client requirement
- Confidentiality is our promise. Your secret would be safe with us.
Hurry up and get your narrative writing done by our Ph.D. experts. We are always happy in assisting students who need help. We welcome you to our family at assignmenthelp.net
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help