Letter of Offer and Contract of Employment
Private and Confidential
Letter of Offer - Contract of Employment
Harvard Economics takes great pleasure in offering you the position of receptionist with us here at Harvard Economics where we hope you will enjoy your role and make a significant contribution to the success of our organisation.
We request that you commence employment with the Harvard Economics on
Your work place will be located and based at Harvard Economics's Office, Adelaide
Upon arrival at Harvard Economics's Office on 1/3/2016 you will be greeted by Jillian (Operations Manager) who will provide an Induction to the position, the workplace environment, workplace procedures and policies including Occupational Health and Safety and introduce you to your new work colleagues.
Receptionist will report to Operations Manager
The roles and responsibilities of this position are described within the attached Position Description.
This is a permanent position offered for a term of ongoing position.
The statutory Three Month Probationary Period will apply to this role.
During this time you will receive advice, training and guidance to help you become familiar with, and competent, in performing the work you have been employed to perform.
The appointment is subject to the satisfactory completion of the Probationary Period which itself is subject to termination during any stage, by either party, upon one week’s notice in writing, or by payment in lieu of notice.
Remuneration and Payment
Your salary is based on the receptionist and you will be paid at a rate of $50,000 per annum. Your salary will be paid monthly on 1st of the month and will be paid by means of electronic funds transfer.
Your remuneration rate will be reviewed annually on or about the anniversary of your employment. Any review of your remuneration rate does not necessarily mean an increase in remuneration will occur.
Superannuation payments will be made on your behalf at a rate of 9% of your base salary in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee into a nominated Superannuation fund of your choice.
We require that you complete the Australian Taxation Office, Choice of Superannuation fund Standard Choice Form to make this nomination.
Harvard Economics will reimburse to you all reasonable, pre-approved general expenses as incurred by you in the Assignment of your prescribed duties with Harvard Economics. Upon the production of legitimate tax receipts, vouchers or proof of purchase and or payment as per the Company Expense Policy. (This policy may be varied from time to time.)
- You are entitled to 20 days (4 weeks) annual leave per year of service. Leave will is available to be taken only after 3 months and should be taken within one year of such leave falling due.
- Annual leave loading is not applicable under this agreement.
- You are entitled to 12 days paid personal/carer’s leave for each year of service. Personal leave accrues on a pro-rata basis and will accumulate from year to year.
- You are entitled to additional unpaid carer’s leave of up to 3 days per occasion if an immediate family or household member requires care or support because of a personal illness or injury or an unexpected emergency.
- You are entitled to a period of 3 days paid compassionate leave for each occasion where a family member has died or you need to spend time with a seriously ill family member. Each application will be assessed individually by your Manager.
Long Service Leave
- You will be entitled to long service leave in line with the provisions of the appropriate legislation in your state.
Either you or Harvard Economics may terminate your employment contract at any time giving 8 weeks notice of termination or by the company making a payment of 8 weeks in lieu of notice.
The company may terminate your employment at any time without notice if:
- You are guilty of serious misconduct (defined as breach of any employment related law or policies published by the organisation from time to time)
- You are in material breach of a provision of this contract, including confidentiality undertakings
- A court finds you guilty of a criminal offence
Following termination of your employment you will be required to return all company property. Also following termination of your employment you must not record confidential information in any form.
Hours of Work
Harvard Economics general hours of business are between 9:00am and 5:30pm. It is expected that you will work an average of 40 hours per week> during general business hours however; from time to time you may be required to work additional hours or after hours when necessary to perform your duties and responsibilities.
You are required to observe and uphold the organisations privacy policies and procedures as implemented or varied from time to time.
Collection, storage, access to and dissemination of employee personal information will be in accordance with the principles of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
Harvard Economics has a policy of providing ongoing training and development for all staff. Training will be provided for specific tasks and specific projects as required and is designed to maintain the currency of your skills and facilitate further skills growth and development. Your training and development will predominantly be based from your development plan as derived from and in association with performance review processes.
Training and development activities will be constrained by your training budget allowance.
Confidentiality of Information
During your employment you may become aware of information relating to the organisation including but not limited to client lists, trade secrets, client details etc.
Confidential information remains the sole property of Harvard Economics.
You shall not, either during or after your employment, without the prior consent of the organisation, directly or indirectly divulge to any person or use the confidential information for your own or another’s benefit.
XYZ, we would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Harvard Economics and wish you a long and rewarding career with us.
Human Resources Manager
I, XYZ, accept the offer of employment as described under the terms and conditions of this contract.