LANGUAGE AND LANGUAGE FEATURES
Language is a method that includes the growth, procurement, maintenance and management of complex operations of speech and writing (communication). It is especially the human sense to do so; a language is any particular model of this kind of system. Languages have a direct effect on readers too. The way of the writing in the text, its opening and endings, influences every reader. This particular influence is made by language features. For example, the speech delivered would become very influential for the listeners because of the language features used while writing it.
MARTIN LUTHER USING LANGUAGE FEATURES
“We are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like water and righteousness like a mighty stream “
The rhetorical speech of Martin Luther was written in this particular way so that the audience can be appealed at a high quantity to end racism in America and make everyone believe that they must have equal rights. Now the strong message of equality was combined with strong language features like -
Similes are used in King’s words - “until justice rolls down like water “; “righteousness like a mighty stream “.
This simile was used so that the reader can realise the importance of equal rights and justice gaining which can be only done by forcing oneself without any stops. (Rushing water).
TYPES OF LANGUAGE FEATURES
Writers across the world many types of language features to emphasize their meaning and make it reach the world correctly. Some types of language features can be as follows -
- The application of adjectives and adverbs to form imagery.
- The application of emotive language to deliver the reader to explore a certain feeling in a way (e.g. angry or afraid).
- The application of figurative language where words and phrases are applied in a way that is distinct from the required or every day or common usages such as personification, metaphor or simile.
- The selection of the tense of the writing (present, past and future).
- Narrator's own point of view the writing is employed with using a personal voice in the 1st person using ‘I’, in the 2nd person using ‘you’ or in the 3rd person using ‘he or she or they’.
- The practice of rhetorical interrogations that are created to provoke thought rather than require an answer.
- The custom and formality of the opinion of the writer (formal, informal, colloquial) – is inspired by the volume of nominalisation and the sophistication of the language.
- The application of humour.
- The usage of symbolism when an image represents something else, such as a dark shadow which could symbolise danger.
- Employment of idioms - an expression whose meaning is not predictable from the usual meanings of the individual words such as ‘I am over the moon’ or ‘on thin ice’.
- The impact of various types of sentences (e.g. short sentences might add to drama and tension).
- The application of naming words which can be concrete (table, car, etc.) abstract (feelings, pride, etc. ), proper ( naming people, places, days, months, etc. )
- Application of words which describe verbs - Adverbs (quickly, patiently)
LITERARY LANGUAGE FEATURES
Other than these language features there can be also literary features in the language which can be found in use. These are -
- The practice of irony - saying one thing but meaning another.
- Application of similie when a comparison is done using words “like “or “as “to create a vivid image of the writing. Example - As sweet as sugar, As white as a swan, etc
- The use of metaphor in which a comparison is made without using “like “or “as” Example - Sea of love and drowning in anxiety.
- Personification is employed when a non -human object like any animal, ting or anything which is not human associated with human qualities. Example- The stream was crying all day.
- Pathetic fallacy is used for the weather to reflect the mood of the character or scene. This also is called cosmic interference. Example - “The rain kept pouring her body as her tears on her cheeks “
- The use of Onomatopoeia to apply the sound of words in order to express their meaning, sensory imagery. Example - Crunch, Pop, Screech, etc.
- Alliteration is employed in sentences by repeating the same sounds at the beginning of words. Example - Renew, Recycle, Reuse.
- Assonance is employed by the writer by repeating sounds of vowels in a series of words. Example - Harsh bark, Moonlit pool, etc
- The rue of three repetitions in a group is used by the writer to strengthen the idea of argument or suggestion. For example - Freedom, Equality and Justice.
- The connotation is also used by working on the applied meaning in the text rather than the literal meaning. example - Using pink instead of a colour to tell about feminity or girls or love.
- The use of Hyperbole is done to over the top exaggeration for their effect. For example - I have ten tonnes of work to complete.
USING LANGUAGE FEATURES IS PROBLEMATIC
Using language features in assignments, essays, dissertations, thesis, speech, etc. can be really difficult. But the more language features are used the more effective and interesting the text looks. Such kind of texts has the quality to gain extra marks in colleges and universities. Although they become hard to employ in the text because firstly people don’t really understand the meaning of the terms that are used. Well, yes, every writer has his own Standard of using language features and it really depends on the person how he wants to use, but in order to explain the content briefly in details, language features are necessary to use.
English is an evolving language. It has many things involved in it. Simple ideas with a set of emotions are too primary level now. Language features are not a thing limited to just authors or professionals. These are expected by the university students in their work too.
ASSIGNMENTHELP.NET AND THE PROBLEM OF LANGUAGE FEATURES AMONG STUDENTS
The problem of using Language features in academic work is quite a bit solved with the constant 24/7 help provided by assignmenthelp.net. Assignenthelp.net understand that English is involving but the students are not being taught even the basic of using language features. And even after having a content student fail to get good grades just because some other student has used language features and the good content was not able to stand forward with excellent language skills.
Assignmenthelp.net makes it easy for the students to gain excellent marks that too with their content. We just help them with quality language features that can be employed in the text. This means a total 100 score in the exam. Even if you are not confident with your content then we can guarantee you the improvement and better ideas of content with awesome use of Language features by our language experts who have gained a Ph.D. in the field of language. These Ph.D. experts are hired by our company to resolve every specific issue of language a student goes through. They are all determined to help you.
Even when you do not have any ideas on the content or you are too busy to think about it or you have any reason, assignmenthelp.net is a message away to help you with the content and then further making it excellent with language features incorporated. If your assignment or academic paperwork is on the topic of language features then do not worry, we can write a lot about them, our Ph.D. language experts are always there to help you in any kind of language disaster you are dealing with. This means a total win by all sides.
ADVANTAGES OF GETTING EXPERT LANGUAGE HELP
Other than the advantage that we are having Ph.D. writers to help students with language features or any other language assessment. We even have the quality to deliver the quality work done by experts in the exact deadline assigned by the client to us. Even if the work is assigned two or three days earlier the deadline our Ph.D. experts are very determined and they can complete it in the assigned time period.
Moreover, all of this quality work is done at a very pocket-friendly price without making the student tensed about the payment. We understand that our business is with students, they are our clients, they are our customers, they are our everything and these students do not earn thus it Is our responsibility to help them in a payment which they can pay.
We understand that the students who are getting helped by us belong to different colleges and universities and every institution has its own way to assign and check work. Every institution has its own grading techniques; thus, we take the responsibility of checking the university guidelines every now and then so that no mistakes could take place. Other than this all work is done without plagiarism and original content from the scratch is written. We understand the consequences of copied work thus we use proper referencing if any critical viewpoints are quoted.
All our work is according to client requirement so that exactly means zero tension and all relief. Moreover, clients do not have to worry about confidentiality issues. Your secret would be safe with us. Come and solve your problem related to language features just log into assignmenthelp.net right now