Lab Report: 10.3.5 Secure a Home Wireless Network
Change the wireless network settings
- Use PoliceVan for the SSID
- Use WPA2-PSK authentication, with AES for encryption
- Configure 4WatchingU as the security key
Change the wireless access point's default administrator authentication credentials
- Set the username to @dm1n
- Set the password to StayOut!
Configure the laptop to connect to the wireless network
Complete the following steps:
- In the address bar of Internet Explorer, type 192.168.0.254. Press the Enter key.
- In the pop-up dialog, enter the default authentication credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- Ensure that Remember my credentials is not selected, and click OK.
- Select Wireless > Basic on the left.
- Change the SSID.
- Scroll down and click Apply.
- In the pop-up dialog, re-enter the default authentication credentials.
- Select Wireless > Security on the left.
- Change the authentication (Security Mode) for the PoliceVan SSID.
- Enter the security key (Pass Phrase), and click Apply.
- Select Administrator > Management on the left.
- Change the administrator authentication credentials, and click Apply.
- To connect the Laptop to the wireless network, go to the operating system.
- In the notification area, click the networking icon and click the PoliceVan wireless network.
- Ensure that the Connect automatically checkbox is selected and click Connect.
- Enter the security key, and click OK.
To confirm the connection, click the networking icon in the notification area again or open the Network and Sharing Center.
Assignment Help Features
Assignment Help Services
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help