Essay Editing Services
What do you mean by essay editing?
Essay editing is the process of improving your work from its past version. A good writer always keeps on learning from his or her mistakes and improves their work. An effective editing always backs up your essay writing and makes it a level higher worth. Editing is meant by the proofreading of your essay and checking out any grammatical errors and technical faults. The difference between good marks and excellent marks is an effective editing. It would take only 15 to 20 minutes but is very helpful for the write up. Editing is also a continuous process. It is done again and again to make the essay more pitch perfect.
This topic study is very fine but have some doubts being arisen which bothers the students. For this we have the best services to make this subject more interesting and easily understandable for the students. Essay editing is something which cannot be mastered in some days or weeks but our services will help mastering it in good short time. Feel free to call us anytime for this subject Assignment Help.
Essay Editing Services By Online Tutoring and Guided Sessions at AssignmentHelp.Net
Here are some pointers, which should be kept in mind for making an effective editing:
1. Start by getting the structure on point
Plan out some time for the editing process after finishing the write up and publishing the essay. This helps in making appropriate time for the editing procedures. A fresh time is the best time to get to the editing part. If you choose to correct the errors right after writing the essay, then you might not be able to find the faults and errors. So, take a break before the editing process and start with a fresh mind. The editing process should be started by looking at the structure of the essay. Make sure the right things are mentioned at the right places. The flow of the essay should be on point and not slaggy at all. Think in advance, about the overarching and prominent shape of the argument which is starting to develop and also check that the points which you’ve made help structure your essay towards a very logical and coherent conclusion. Before writing the essay, the writer makes up logical order in which he or she will present the idea of the essay. Sometimes hen making the draft, this order is left scrambled and is not fully followed. Editing process helps eventually in putting up these pieces of writing puzzles in place. Hence, the structure of the essay remains good and is not compromised.
2. Avoid long sentences and large paragraphs
The main motto of the essay is to give the relevant information on any topic within the word count. Barging unnecessary long sentences and large paragraphs will only result in the poor reception from the reader. This mistake can be avoided in the editing process. These long sentences having too much of unnecessary word plays and stuffed up large paragraphs can be shortened and made reading worthy. For this, in the editing process, the sentences should be restricted to maximum of only two or three clauses and not more than that. Start a new paragraph as soon as the main information of that particular paragraph is written. Include only four to five sentences in one paragraph. Spaces are necessary in the essays. These are white spaces and those are like a breathing space for the eyes of the readers. Tighten up the wordings of your paragraphs for keeping them short.
3. Keep overly complicated language in check
When you are writing an essay, keep in mind that the words that you choose is going to reflect your writing. So, always use simple and understandable words which can be understood easily by the readers without looking up in a dictionary. Avoid the use of jargons and overly complicated word plays. Using big words or using a simple word, which have the same meaning as the big word, will be more time consuming and heavy. Aim for clear and concise language to avoid being pretentious.
4. Keep a check for repetition of ideas and words
When you are writing an essay, it is quite normal to get a repetition of the words and their meanings and even the ideas which you are presenting. When you are editing your essay, read the essay multiple times and check if something sounds familiar or the idea is not repeated. Delete the repetitions at once when detected. Sometimes the very first time when the idea is presented, it may not be the most appropriate spot for it, so when you’re editing, consider which is the best moment to introduce it and simultaneously delete the other mentions in the essay. When you are having too many repetition words, try to rephrase the whole lot of expression which are being used in the paragraphs. The unusual words should be included only once or twice in a paragraph only.
5. Consistent spelling
Sometimes, some words have more than one correct spelling and the more important thing is to stay consistent with the one you use frequently. Using different spelling frequently will give a bad impression of your writing on the readers. When starting the editing procedure, keep in mind those words in advance and improvise accordingly.
6. Use of commas
There are some writers who put a lot of commas in their essays and there are some who put a very less. The use of commas should be taken seriously as it is responsible in making two sentences inside one sentence. With too many commas, the essay will look odd and broker. The perfect secret is to put commas in where you would naturally pause when speaking aloud. If it helps, try reading your writing aloud to see if it flows.
7. On-going formatting
By this it means that the formatting process should be done side by side with the editing process. As per the appearance of the essay and the style structure, the major points should be revised again and again. The formatting helps in making changes to the essay at the very moment, and no place for any lapse. When formatting is done, it is mainly recommended that the formatting should be consistent and the use of bolds, italics and underline should be consistent. The spacing between the lines and paragraphs, the use of alignment and the bullet marks should remain consistent throughout. This primarily helps in giving your essay a professional and sophisticated look which is very good for the audience reception of your essay write up.
Essay writing is a very important aspect of the English writing services. Editing of the essay is even more important. Editing of the essay is very essential and needs expert supervision. For this, the students need to be better trained and should have well practiced. We are here to help the students with that without any hassle. We provide extensive services which ranges from essay editing notes study and pointers and tips on the subject. We assign expert English tutors who are very professional in the work. They provide a 100% plagiarism free work which is completed within the deadline. Good marks are just a call away.
Difference between Proofreading and Editing
Editorial skills can be defined as the skills to edit and propose a prototype manuscript to the final manuscript. Out of so many editorial skills, people are mostly confused between the two that are editing and proofreading. The thought that both proofreading and editing are substitutable is a big delusion. If you are working on some content, it is very important to understand the difference between these two terms which are often mistaken for one. Given below are five of the major differences between proofreading and editing that might help you make the better choice for your content.
- The most undisguised difference between both of them is the form in which both of them work. Editing, on one hand, means changing the text that is already written, in a better way, we can say that the work of an editor is to bring the artfulness in any written content. We should note here that the skills of the writer are not being vacillated here and the work of the editor is to make sure that the content written, is the most tranquil it can be. An editor can be seen as a person who brings detail to a wax statue and brings it to life, same is the case with the written content. On the contrary, the process of proofreading is going through the edited copy to check for any errors that are, but not limited to spelling, punctuation, numeric values, etc it might have before the content is either published or uploaded. It could be justified to say that the work of proofreading is kind of scientific and brainy due to fact that one has to check each and every word and punctuation of the content because this is the only correction one gets to do before the printing or uploading is done.
- The second difference between them is the reach or we can say the power, the editor, and the proofreader hold. The proofreader can inspect the content and has the power to mark the page number, any content on the top and/or the bottom of the page, if there is any inconsistency or any human error introduced in the content but a proofreader cannot edit the content or revise it due to the fact that this might change the number of words or lines in the given content which can have a major impact on the layout of the content because if the number of words or lines is increased or decreased then the images and other paragraphs have to be aligned again with respect to this new word and line count, so to not change this the proofreader just puts marks around the places that could need some improvement, whereas the editor holds the power to edit any content on the command of the proofreader’s marks because the editor is aware of how the changes that are going to be done in the content like, the increment or decrement in the number of lines and pages will affect the layout and graphics and can make the changes accordingly.
- When we give our content to the editor, we expect them to use their experience and ingeniousness to change the content so that the content makes more sense and is more fluidic in nature which makes it more appealing, sophisticated and easy to understand at the same time. We expect the editor to correct any grammatical or punctuation error that is there in the content, therefore, we can say that editing is an art where one uses their creative mind to make beautiful combinations of all the alphabets present in the language to get the best of the written content. Art in a way because all the words that are going to be there in the content are just the result of the editor’s imagination and hence it is a form of an art that is exhibited by the editor. In the contrast to this, we can define proofreading as a way to remove any human error from the content before either printing it or uploading it hence it can be defined more as a scientific procedure. It can also be said that proofreading is the final stage of editing but here, the proofreader cannot literally edit the content and just mark the same so that it can be edited again by the editor.
- It can be said the editing is more of a quality dependent work because it involves a lot of artistic thinking such as how to transform words to make the write up more fluid and understandable in nature and not dropping the message that they want to declare rather than the subjective nature that the proofreading holds because as a matter of fact they both can be easily mistaken for the same but they both differ from each other to the core.
- The main work of the editor is to check the written data for the errors, this data is provided to the editor by the writer and converted into a better form by the editor whereas the proofreader checks if the data that is given by the editor is correct and does the data gives a proper explanation of what the writer is trying to express. The proofreader also checks if the images that are present in the document match to the description in the text about those images, the indexing of the images match to the description of the images.
In the end we can say that if one has acquired the skill set of being a good editor then there is no need for a proofreader because proofreader is a very less complex work as compared to the editor and it has been seen that if one gets expert in it, then the other one is not much different but to get in some extra bucks some even do both these works. It can also be seen that artificial intelligence is taking over both the tasks i.e. proofreading and editing but since we know that there is no comparison to the human brain because there is always an expectation to get better results, so these kinds of jobs are still in demand if you are expert in the field of editing and proofreading.
Any query related essay editing, contact our chat support for instant help