Assignment Help with Design an Ethernet LAN
Design an Ethernet LAN for a given floor plan. The floor plan can be downloaded from VU Collaborate. In the given floor plan;
- Computer labs are highlighted in green. Each PC lab has 25 computers and a printer.
- Offices are highlighted in pink. Each office room has 4 computers and a printer.
- The technical room is highlighted in cyan where the main switches and routers are located.
- Each PC lab is on a separate IP sub-network
- All office computers are on a single IP sub-network
- The LAN is connected to the main campus network and the Internet using a FastEthernet fiber optic link (100Base-FX). Assume that the default gateway address is 40.4.4.
- The LAN operates on a class A sub-network: 10x.1y0.0/23 where x, and y are the last two digits of the student ID of one of the group members.
- For instance, if the last two digits are 09 then the subnet is 10.100.190/23
- Available networking devices and accessories that you can use in this project:
- Cisco 2950/2960 series switches
- Cisco ISR router 2620 series with all available modules
All types of network cables and connectors
Your task: Design and configure the LAN to meet the design requirements.
- The design document should include;
- A network diagram of the LAN with detailed information to show the functionality of each network device in the diagram.
- A site map that show the deployment location of each network device in the site
- A detailed list of the network inventories including;
- The network devices with detailed specification and amount of each type
- Network cables and estimated amount of each cable type in meters,
- Any other accessories such as connectors and tools.
- An IP network addressing plan that specifies;
- For each subnet, the network address, broadcast address, valid host address range that will be assigned to the PCs. Note that you need to spare 10% of the total addresses of each subnet for future development.
- The IP address of each router interface.
- Any unused address space
- The configuration document should include;
- Detailed configuration commands for all routers and switches.
- A Packet Tracer file implementing a simplified solution of the LAN.
- On the Packet Tracer, include only 2 computers for each sub-network
- Screenshots from the Packet Tracer showing that you can connect between sub-networks and the gateway (using ping to verify the connectivity).
Assignment Help Features
Assignment Help Services
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help