Describe how it relates to DNA Fingerprinting
- On your chart, label the positive (+) and the negative (-) ends. Circle the suspect's DNA who matches the DNA at the crime scene and write the name of the suspect.
- For each of the following tasks performed in the activity, describe what they are actually simulating.
Cutting the DNA into fragments: Cutting the DNA into fragments is just like how the forensics scientist’s add a chemical into the sample to split the DNA strands so that the scientist can look at each individual strand alone
Taping the DNA onto the large paper: This is like when the forensics scientists actually compare the DNA.
- For each word below, describe how it relates to DNA Fingerprinting:
Polymerase Chain Reaction: This is what replicates the DNA
Gel Electrophoresis: used to distinguish between samples of the genetic material
Restriction Enzyme: Samples the DNA is cut by
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help