Culture and Organization Assignment Help
Both the things culture and organization are interrelated to each other and it is only the culture of an organization that depicts the organization and affects the workings of the organization a lot. The success of an organization largely depends upon the culture of the organization. All the employees and the staff members of an organization are the reflections of the culture that is being practiced in an organization. So, the culture of an organization should be chosen carefully as it all depends upon the organization rules and regulation according to which an organization perform in the various business activities or in the various business processes.
To fully understand what the organization culture means we must first understand what exactly the meaning of a culture is “Culture is the set of important understandings that members of a community share in common.” It consists of a basic set of values, ideas, perceptions, preferences, concept of morality, code of conduct, etc. which create a kind of distinctiveness among the various human groups. Culture can also be described as the ideas, thoughts, beliefs of a group of people in society. Culture also differs from one religion to another in society.
Organizational culture means the beliefs and the attitudes and the thoughts based on which an organization forms its rules and regulations regarding the procedures of normal workings within the organization. Organization culture depicts the internal environment of an organization which shows the relationships between the employees and their bosses and the relationship in between the different other managerial levels of an organization or in any business entity.
The corporate culture of an organization or any business entity consists of the normal values, beliefs and all the rules and regulations on the basis of which an organization carries out all the workings in the normal course of the business. An organization and its working culture together form the environment which depicts the interpersonal behavior of the organization which shows how the people communicate in the organization and how the decision-making process takes place within an entity.
“Organizational culture can also be called as the philosophies, ideologies, values and the assumptions that are the basis of the togetherness of an organizational staff member and the values that the whole organizations share”.
The basic characteristics of an organization are: -
- Individual Autonomy: - Individual Autonomy means the degree of the responsibility, degree of the freedom and the opportunities that are exercised by the individuals who work within the organization. It also means the personal freedom that each and every individual acquire while working in an organization which shows that they have all the rights to take the personal decisions regarding the official matters.
- Structure : - The structure of an organization or a business entity can be formal or informal but in both the cases the structure defines that how the supervision between the managers and the employees of the different departments takes place this shows that how the communication or orders, as well as feedbacks, takes place in between the different departments of an organization or in any business entity. The formal and informal structures of an organization show the organization’s culture which they follow in their daily routine to carry out different processes of doing business in the industry or within the organization. This also helps in clearing the objectives and the expectations from the performance of the organizations.
- Management Support: - Managers are the ones who are responsible for clearing out the duties, roles and responsibilities of the different employees that are working in the organization and also working at other levels in an organization. The level of supportive management defines the culture of an organization. If an organization has very supportive management then any employees will not be hesitant to ask for any query and of the management is not so supportive then, in this case, the employees would not be free to ask any query in case they have. This is the difference that exists between the two cultures of the organizations.
- Identity: - The degree to which, members identify with the organization as a whole rather than with their particular workgroup or field of professional expertise.
- Performance Reward System: - In every organization, we have one or the other reward system in which the best employees of an organization are identified and are rewarded for their excellent performance in the whole organization. The reward can be some memento or some cash or noncash gift or perks. The basic objective of the rewarding system is to ensure that the best workers or the employees are identified and they are sustained by the company or the organization for a longer period of time along with this also helps in motivating the other employees and workers of the organizations to work more efficiently so that they can also achieve the rewards for their excellent performance in the organization or in the company. The performance reward system of an organization helps in identifying the culture of the organization like in which ways they all are required to work to get the reward from the company and this also shows that how well the company is rewarding their employees and taking care of their employees in the industry.
- Conflict Tolerance: - The degree of the conflict present within the managerial level and the other levels of employees in an organization depicts the culture of the organization. Conflicts are present in each and every organization but they are required to be solved but the upper level of management in an organization and the efficiency of the upper-level management in solving the conflict like situations shows the culture of the organization and this is the main factor that sometimes leads to the destruction or to the success of an organization in the industry.
- Risk-taking Capacity: - Risk-taking the capacity of the employees is one of the characteristics that is defined by the innovative and courageous spirit of the employees and also helps in identifying the culture of the organization. Every organization has employees who are reluctant to change and in the same organization we can also have the employees who are open-minded and welcomes all types of the changes so it is important for the company to see that what type of the employees, company wants and what type of culture the organization is exposing to grow in the industry.
The advantages of a strong culture in the organization are: -
- Improved Productivity: - The culture of an organization is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization and it is also helpful in improving the performance of the employees and the workers working in ten organization which depicts that the organization is growing in their workings as well as in their operations in the industry. The culture of the organization defines the relationship between the employees and the upper-level management of the organization which is responsible for the effective working conditions in an organization and improved efficiency of the organization. A strong culture can easily improve the efficiency of the organization and the performance of their workers and on the other hand, weak culture can destroy the efficiency and the performance of the workers and employees of an organization.
- Increased marketability: - The culture of the company is totally dependent upon the human resource practices of an organization and the employees who all are hired by the organization from the public. The culture of an organization is the brand of the organization which is often used to market the different types of products and the services in the market regarding the organization and which acts as the advertisement technique for the organization or the business entity to expand and promote its businesses in the market.
- Forms Unity between Employees: - The culture of the organization is responsible for forming the unity and the feeling of togetherness in between the employees of the organization which is very necessary to make the relationship in between employees and the management of the organization strong. The culture of an organization helps in establishing the core values and the beliefs that are necessary to respect and believe in each other which is called trust that is very necessary for the workers of an organization to carry out the different activities in the organization as per their own respective roles and duties that they are required to perform in the organization or in the business entity in a given period of time.
The disadvantages of the organization’s culture are: -
- Poor Communication : - As we all know that communication is the only thing that can help us in getting the attention of the public and the people’s present around us but what happens when the communication gets failed or the poor communication destroys the image of the person trying to communicate or make the other one understand their own feelings and thoughts. This is what happens when things are not clearly communicated to each other. When in an organization the duties and the responsibilities are not communicated to the other person well then, the misunderstandings happen and the problems between the employees and their managers arise which sometimes becomes the major reason to the fall inefficiency and the poor management of the company or the business entity. So, clear communication should be incorporated in the culture of an organization so that no future conflict can arise in relation to the miscommunication.
- Micromanagement: - Whenever employees feel as if management is being Big Brother, then the employees will feel tense and the atmosphere will be one of anxiety. Micromanagement doesn’t work under any circumstances. In fact, it puts your employees under unnecessary pressure and slows down the rate at which they work, not to mention the quality of their output. To avoid such a situation, avoid micromanagement altogether. The hiring process of a company should be the right one. When you craft the right hiring process, in which you hire the employees, then you don’t have to worry, because they will be employees that you can trust. The future of the company is solely dependent upon the types of the workers they hire and if the hiring policies of a company or an organization are strong then they need not worry about the future of the organization. The small things in the organizations are the ones that matter the most. So, we must make an environment in which the roles and the duties of each and every employee are very clear and everyone can work with their full speed with a greater level of efficiency.
- Extensive Competition :- Every company has its own rules and regulations but in this world which is full of competition sometimes the companies try to copy their competitors in all the matters which is not good for the growth of the organization because every company has its own challenges and the opportunities which in turn help them to grow in their own manner and if someone copy the working style or pattern of the other company then they will never be able to learn from their own challenges and will never be able to see the coming opportunities in their way so it is necessary to catch all the opportunities coming in our way rather than copying the culture of the other companies or our competitors to grow in the market and make an unique respect and position of our own company in the market which is necessary for expanding the business and earn huge amount of profits from the industry. So, every culture is not suitable for all the companies in fact every company should try to develop a new culture which is meant for their employees and workers and should follow that irrespective of what their competitors follow or do.
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help