Computer networks engineering
If you are one of those people who think that a computer networks engineer is the person whose job is to only connect the computers to make a network of the computer in any organization then I must say you are pretty wrong because there is a lot more to the computer and network engineer. In this article, we will be discussing some of the most searched engineering section in the computer science department, the computer networks. Here, will be going through the courses that are being taught in the engineering field, and industrial perspective of the field and also some of the very basic things that a network engineer should be aware of. First, let us go through with an overview of network engineering.
“What is a computer network?” is the first thought that comes to the mind of any student who is willing to make a career in this field. The answer to this is that when working in an organization a lot of data needs to be shared from time to time between the various computers who are being handled by various professional people. Since there needs to be continuous sharing of files and data between these pc, the conventional methods for the same would be taking plenty of time to Make that happen so, There is set a communication between these devices so that the sharing of the data is pretty simple and easy for example when we connected simple computer to a printer over WIFI so that there is somewhat a less mess that is made due to the wires. The other things that are taught along with this in the field of computer and network engineering ara e designing and testing of various software related issues that could be used in an organisation, the various peripheral devices that are used in a computer on a daily basis might be connected to the internet via the internet of things, the automation of Electrical and electronic components like the autonomous system, the self-driving car, anything that is anywhere related to the machine learning or artificial intelligence sector.
Career options: a student pretty much looks very cross after graduating from four-year degree course. Talking about computer engineer they can pretty much work in an organization which either, develops Will use computer-related products or could be a service-based company providing service to other organizations. The major opportunity provided in this sector is in the defense, military and the satellite areas. Some of the major recruiters for computer and network engineering graduates are Cisco, Apple, Cisco and Intel. They provide jobs to a various number of network and computer engineers because this is what the companies have been providing since the day they were set up. Although it must be noted that some of the top most companies of the student to have done training under some of the most professional people in this industry so that they are able to solve real-life problems. Some of the topmost chosen career options in this field but the students are as follows:
- Software development: softer to repent could be said as one of the most go to jobs that a student could get in this area of engineering. In this the engineer has to develop software is to cater the needs of the client. The reason that this job is quite challenging is that each and every software that is developed has to be as precise as the tip of the needle and the client should be happy with the same.
- Software testing team: once the software has been developed by the development team, the testing team comes after that to test for the various bugs and issues in the software, the feedback from the human interaction team and the feedback from the end users. and hands informing us of the team regarding the same.
- Banking sector: Banking sector has a very keen interest in the people from the networking department because of the fact that each and every banking service is now available on the world wide web and there are numerous amount of tractions taking place every second. To make them happen without any fault, the banks need a team of network engineers at their dispatch. They are the one who helps in keeping the transactions safe and not letting them go into deadlocks which is a disaster for a bank. Further information about the same is provided in the subject’s column of the article.
Admission criteria: could be said as one of the most crucial things that a student wants to know before applying to any college or University. The students usually check the admission criteria and the desired applications for the course because they don't want to waste their application fee on a college or university that is totally out of their league. Please note that the admission requirements that are being told article are average for almost every college in Australia for this course and not specific for any college. For any precise data, you are requested to please visit the college website. For the bachelor's course, restaurants are requested to have done a formal 12 education according to the Australian education scheme, the score in the mathematical department must be at least above 20. The students who are not from the Australian origin or who do not have English as their native language must have to show test scores for efficiency in the language because most of the time, the classes are connected in English. Additional help is provided to the students who are thought could be able to catch up with the rest of students after completing one or two special courses for the admission in the course.
Talking about the admissions for the Master's degree in computer science and networks engineering, the students who are applying from a different country might have to submit their Gre scores that are the general revision test to the university itself to get the approval of the same along with a fully filled application. We have been saying them and again that the universities do not accept incomplete application forms so it is always advised for the students to re-check and revise their application time in again to see if there is anything missing or incomplete. Whereas the local students can go to the university once, provide their score in the bachelor’s degree. The minimum score for the graduate degree is 50% at the minimum and for most of the time, the interview and the overall profile also play a major role in helping the student get the admission.
Further below in the article, there are some of the most common and desirable subjects that are chosen by the students in this specific engineering field. Please also note that different universities might have different subjects. Please visit the college/the university website for further precise information about the subjects in the course.
- Digital communication: it is said to be one of the most basic and fundamental subjects in the course of computers and networks engineering. The reason why the subject is given so much importance is due to the fact that the whole of computer’s working is based upon digital signals and we know that the computer works in low-level languages, unlike the humans who interact in high-level To understand how the computers, communicate with each other, it is important to have an understanding of the same. Nobody can express the importance of the subject like digital communication when it comes to computers and network engineering.
- Computer network programming: the name of the course is very similar to the engineering field that is being discussed in the article and hence it is also an important subject considering the components that add up to this subject. The main use of this subject is to study the process and the algorithms that are taken into the use while two or more than two computers are communicating over a network. It has to be understood that when the organization is going through the pain to communicate two computers so that they can work efficiently then there must be something that they must want in return and that is efficient and accurate transmission and reception of the data that is confidential to the organization.
- Design and analysis of algorithms: whenever a problem has to be approached in the computer networking field, there are steps made in order to determine the correct way to tackle that problem. These steps determined in order to tackle the problem in a better and more managed way is known as an algorithm and the study of already existing algorithms and analyzing them is the basics of this subject.
- Distributed systems and managing the transactions: this subject in the master's degree of computers and network engineering is closely related to the subject of database management system that a student has to study in the bachelor’s degree of the computer science department. In this subject, the student learns about how to make the transaction, not specifically monetary but in other ways like data as well to be secure from various other attacks. Some of the most important topics in this area are the banker's algorithm and the deadlock problem where one condition is dependent on the other to fulfil and in this case, both of them are stuck in order to receive an output from the other and nothing gets done.
- Cryptography: the skills for hiding the crucial data is known as cryptography and in this, the student is taught how to hide the data that is important to the organization from various other people who are behind that data. For a more detailed explanation about the same, you can visit another article about cryptography on our website where everything has been explained in detail about cryptography and computer forensics.
Further below in this article, we have a list of some of the topmost schools in the field of computer science and networking engineering courses. We hope that this article was in any way helpful to you.
- Stanford University
- Carnegie Mellon school of computer science
- National University of Singapore
- Princeton University
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help