1. What protocol does PPP use to identify the Network layer protocol?
2. You work in a large application-development company providing MIS services. This company has four 10Mbps shared hubs providing network services to an NT server. To meet the business requirements, you must provide many different types of hosts to allow the applica- tion developers to test the different applications they create. These hosts must be able to share data between each host and also send data to and from an enterprise server. The hosts run at 10Mbps and the server at 100Mbps. Some applications only need 3Mbps of bandwidth to run at any given time. What network recommendation would you give this company if money were an issue?
3. Write the command to configure IPX routing on a Cisco router with two interfaces. The first interface is an Ethernet LAN and must support 802.3 and 802.2. The second interface is a WAN interface and uses HDLC encapsulation. Use any IPX network numbers that you wish.
Ans- #conf t
#ipx network 133 encapsulation sap
#ipx network 134 encapsulation hdlc
4. What does the command routerA(config)#line cons 0 allow you to perform next?
5. What ISDN command will bring up the second BRI at 50 per- cent load?
6. What PPP protocol provides dynamic addressing, authentication, and multilink?
7. What command will display the line, protocol, DLCI, and LMI infor- mation of an interface?
8. What type of access list uses the numbers 1–99?
9. What does the passive command provide to dynamic routing protocols?
10. Which protocol does Ping use?
11. Write the command that will show the IPX RIP and SAP information sent and received on a router.
Ans- #show ipx traffice
12. Which of the following commands will set your Telnet password on a Cisco router?
13. Which of the following commands will create VLAN 5 with an ID of Marketing on a 1900 switch?
14. Which port on a bridge is the root port?
15. If you wanted to delete the configuration stored in NVRAM, what would you type?
16. Write the command to create a second IPX network running the SNAP frame type on Ethernet 0.
Ans- #conf t
#ipx network 2 encapsulation snap
17. Which class of IP address has the most host addresses available by default?
18. How often are BPDU sent from a layer-2 device?
19. Which of the following is true regarding VLANs? (Choose all that apply.)
20. What LAN switch mode keeps CRC errors to a minimum but still has a fixed latency rate?
21. How many broadcast domains are created when you segment a net- work with a 12-port switch?
22. What PDU is at the Transport layer?
23. What protocols are used to configure trunking on a switch? (Choose all that apply.)
24. What is a stub network?
25. Where is a hub specified in the OSI model?
26. If you wanted to configure ports on a Cisco switch, what are the different ways available to configure VLAN memberships? (Choose all that apply.)
27. What does the command show controllers s 0 provide?
28. What is a pre-10.3 IOS command that copies the contents of NVRAM to DRAM?
29. What is the main reason the OSI model was created?
30. Which layer of the OSI model creates a virtual circuit between hosts before transmitting data?
31. Which protocol does DHCP use at the Transport layer?
32. How do you copy a router IOS to a TFTP host?
33. If your router is facilitating a CSU/DSU, which of the following commands do you need to use to provide the router with a 64000bps serial link?
34. Which of the following is provided by the distribution layer? (Choose all that apply.)
35. Which of the following commands will set your Telnet password on a Cisco router?
36. What command do you use to set the enable secret password on a Cisco router?
37. Which protocol is used to find an Ethernet address from a known IP address?
38. Which command is used to upgrade an IOS on a Cisco router?
39. If you want to copy a configuration from the router’s DRAM to NVRAM, which command do you use?
40. If an interface is administratively down, what is the problem?
41. If you are looking at an Ethernet analyzer and notice that the ISL frames are larger than a normal Ethernet frame, what size should you be seeing on the analyzer?
42. How many collision domains are created when you segment a net- work with a 12-port switch?
43. What is the administrative distance of static routes by default?
44. What was the first solution for counting to infinity?
45. Which protocol is used to send a Destination Network Unknown mes- sage back to originating hosts?
46. What is the distance of a 1000BaseSX MMF using a 62.5- and 50-micron core and a 780-nanometer laser?
47. At which layer do packets occur?
48. Which of the following is not one of the advantages of using static routes over dynamic routing?
49. How do you copy a configuration stored on a TFTP host to DRAM?
50. If you wanted to create dynamic VLANs, how would you do it?
51. What type of access list uses the numbers 100–199?
52. Write the command to add a subinterface to Ethernet 0 with the 802.3 frame type.
Ans- #conf t
#interface giabyteethernet 0/0.1
#802.3 vlan 10
#ip address . . . . . .
53. Which of the following routing protocols uses bandwidth and delay of the line when making routing decisions?
54. What type of access list uses the numbers 1000–1099?
55. What is a pre-10.3 IOS command that lets you copy a configuration from a TFTP host to DRAM?
56. Which of the following commands is a way of turning on RIP routing?
57. What type of access list uses the numbers 800–899?
58. What two commands will show you all your configured PVCs?
59. If you connect a Cisco router and a 3Com router through a T-1, why won’t they work by default?
60. You have a large Ethernet network in your office. Which of the following is true regarding this network?
61. You have large files that you need to transfer from your home to your remote corporate office. You need to do this periodically and quickly. What technology would be best suited for your situation?
62. Write the command to see the NetWare servers running on your network.
63. What protocol is used at layer 2 to help stop network loops?
64. Write the command to create a subinterface on Ethernet 0 that allows the Ethernet_II frame type.
Ans- #conf t
Name vlan 1
#ip address 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0
#switchport mode ethernet II
65. What command would you use to verify your VLAN configuration on a 1900 switch?
66. BECN is used for what?
67. Write the command to see the IPX routing table.
Ans- #show ipx routing
68. Which of the following is the valid host range for the IP address 192.168.168.188 255.255.255.192?
69. What type of access list uses the numbers 900–999?
70. In a network with dozens of switches, how many root bridges would you have?
Assignment Writing Help
Engineering Assignment Services
Do My Assignment Help
Write My Essay Services