BSBCUS501 Manage Quality Customer Service Sample Assignment
Innovative Widgets customer service improvement
BSBCUS501 Manage Quality Customer Service
Innovative Widgets is the largest producer of the widgets in Australia. Established in 1952, its widgets are used as components in a broad range of machinery, from domestic appliances to industrial equipment. This report decisions to overcome problems and to adapt customer services, products and service delivery, use strategies to monitor progress in achieving product and/or service targets and standards. Develop and use strategies to obtain customer feedback to improve the provision of products and services. Develop, procure and use resources effectively to provide quality products and services to customers. And recommendations within the organization’s systems and processes for improving customer service standard.
1. Develop a set of KPIs for Innovative Widgets customer service representatives.
- call/enquiry/complaint handling time
- Average Answer Time
- Average Resolution Time.
- Tickets backlog
- customer retention rates
- The number of customers that make repeat purchases from your organization
- The number of customers that no longer make purchases from your organization
- Percentage of customers who return as visitors week after week
- sales targets achieved
- The number of new customers over a certain time period.
- Income received through sales activities.
- Primary sales goal: $ Monthly Sales
- customer satisfaction of specific staff and activities
- Satisfaction by the customer service.
- % of customers given satisfaction surveys
- Number of customer support ticket of activities
2. Develop a plan for monitoring the team members’ performance against KPIs.
Customer Service Balanced Scorecard vs. KPI Scorecard
It can be worked by:
- A customer or a prospect client has a question about your product or service.
- A customer goes to the website and searches for the solution in the knowledge base, or
- A customer is contacting your company via a contact form, social networks, or phone call. First-line customer support specialist is trying to answer the question. If the problem is a tough one, then the issue is transferred to the second-line agent.
- A company is learning: the product is improved; the knowledge base is updated if needed.
- Addressing Step 1: Make the product more user-friendly so that the customer would have not faced this problem, and respectively would have not contacted you, at least not with this issue
- Addressing Step 2: Making the knowledge base easier to use so that customers could solve more problems themselves
- Addressing Step 3: Train your first-line agents so that more of the difficult problems could be solved without transferring them to the 2nd line specialists
- Addressing Step 4: Make sure that there are no informational silos between customer service and other business units.
We can put these goals on the strategy map to reflect the cause-and-effect relationship between them. We can also add more details, and align them with the goals’ proper metrics.
3. Develop a questionnaire designed to collect some customer feedback that is related to the KPIs and/or designed to uncover identifiable gaps between services provided (including the quality of service) and customer expectations.
Customer Satisfaction Surve
Please choose the number that corresponds with your level of agreement
The products I purchase are delivered when promised
How professional is our company?
How convenience is our company use?
how our staff members show adequate and appropriate care attention?
How quickly our staffs respond to your requests?
- Identify your customer’s needs. To implement effective customer service training with employees, you first need to know what your customers expect from your staff and what their needs generally are.
- Evaluate each employee’s skills and skill level. This can be accomplished simply by watching how an employee interacts with customers and what level of service they offer. Some employees will be natural salespersons and posses the skills to up-sell customers with little effort.
- Design and implement a training method. This can be done just as in the example of allowing employees to individually demonstrate their skill set and how they execute it effectively.
- Reevaluate your employee’s customer service relations on a consistent basis.