RAID Assignment Help
Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks – disk organization techniques that take advantage of utilizing large numbers of inexpensive, mass-market disks. Originally a cost-effective alternative to large, expensive disks, RAIDs are used for their higher reliability and bandwidth, rather than for economic reasons. Hence the “I” is interpreted as independent, instead of inexpensive.
fig:RAID and its Levels
- Schemas to provide redundancy at lower cost by using disk striping combined with parity bits
- Different RAID organizations, or RAID levels, have differing cost, performance and reliability characteristics
- Level 0: Striping at the level of blocks; non-redundant.
- Level 1: Mirrored disks. Subsumed by level 0+1.
- Level 0+1: Mirrored disks with striping; offers best read performance and good write performance. Popular for applications such as storing log files in a database system.
- Level 2: Memory-Style Error-Correcting-Codes (ECC) with bit striping.
- Level 3: Bit-Interleaved Parity; a single parity bit can be used for error correction, not just detection.
- Level 4: Block-Interleaved Parity; uses block-level striping, and keeps a parity block on a separate disk for corresponding blocks from N other disks.
- Level 5: Block-Interleaved Distributed Parity; partitions data and parity among all N+1 disks, rather than storing data in N disks and parity in 1 disk.
- Level 6: P+Q Redundancy scheme; similar to Level 5, but stores extra redundant information to guard against multiple disk failures. Better reliability than Level 5 at a higher cost; not used as widely.
Find the best RAID Assignment Help Services with us
Assignmenthelp.net is a leading online tutoring web-portal that provides RAID Assignment/Homework help, RAID tutorials and related application guidance and help to our its end users.
Find answers to all of your doubts regarding the RAID application and its uses. We provide quality RAID homework/assignment help to the school, college or university level students.
To schedule a RAID tutoring session
To submit RAID assignments Click here
The Assignment Help Services that we provide RAID, RAID project help, RAID online tutoring and RAID tutorials etc.
RAID Assignment Help | RAID Homework Help | Access 2003 Tutorial | Database Design | Online Tutor | SQL Server Database | Database System | Assignment Help | Relational Database | Database Management System | Schema Database Homework Help | MS Database | Database Application Assignment Help | Object Database | Database Object Oriented | Introduction To Database Homework Help | Online Tutoring
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help