History of Psychology
The study of Psychology dates back to Egypt, Greece, China and India. Psychology was a subtopic under Philosophy until the 1870s. Then Psychology developed independently as a scientific discipline in Germany and the United States. Psychology draws its content heavily from physiology, Neuroscience, Artificial Intelligence, Sociology, Anthropology, as well as Philosophy and other Human Sciences. We provide all the information for Psychology assignments that you need to write essays on history of Psychology.
- In 8th century Islamic physicians performed psychotherapy for treating patients with mental illness in Morocco.
- Wilhelm Wundt founded the first laboratory dedicated exclusively to psychological research in Leipzig. Other important early contributors to the field include Hermann Ebbinghaus (a pioneer in the study of memory), William James (the American father of pragmatism), and Ivan Pavlov (who developed the procedures associated with classical conditioning).
- G. Stanley Hall brought scientific pedagogy to the United States. John Dewey gave the educational theory in 1980s.
- Hugo Münsterberg began writing about the application of Psychology to industry, law, and other fields in 1980s.
- Lightner Witmer established the first psychological clinic in the 1890s.
- James McKeen Cattell adapted Francis Galton's anthropometric methods to generate the first program of mental testing in the 1890s.
- In Vienna, in 1980, the psychiatrist Sigmund Freud developed an independent approach to the study of the mind called psychoanalysis.
- The 20th century saw a reaction to Edward Titchener's critique of Wundt's empiricism. This contributed to the formulation of behaviorism by John B. Watson.
- The final decades of the 20th century saw the decline of behaviorism and the rise of cognitive science, using the tools of evolutionary psychology, linguistics, computer science, philosophy, behaviorism, and neurobiology.
Students face the problem while solving Psychology assignment. So Need assignment help in Psychology contact here and get full support in your Psychology assignments.
- Assignment Help
- Homework Help
- Writing Help
- Academic Writing Assistance
- Editing Services
- Plagiarism Checker Online
- Research Writing Help