Tagged: assignment help
January 18, 2018 at 9:47 am #16399ahprofessionalParticipant
ROLE: PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Time: 120 mins
A medium-sized pharmaceutical client has approached the company to build a web as well as a mobile app that would help schedule and plan various training sessions for the trainers of their marketing staff. You have been assigned to lead this project by your manager:
For Project Management
1. List the order of priority for this project : (time, cost, quality) and provide your rationale
2. Perform project requirement and assumption analysis and document the same
3. What platforms would you consider for development for this project
4. Provide a cost estimate that you would propose to the client for this project (provide rationale used for arriving at the cost)
5. Develop a high level project plan
6. List the various metrics that you would track for this project
7. List the potential risks for this project. Please provide at least one mitigation plan for each of the risks identified
Disclaimer: The cases cited herein are fictitious and have been developed independently. They have been created with no attempt to emphasize any one service provider’s strength or weakness.July 31, 2023 at 9:01 am #17031john SmithParticipant
- Order of Priority:
a) Quality: Given that the pharmaceutical client’s training sessions are critical for their marketing staff’s effectiveness, ensuring the quality of the web and mobile app is of utmost importance. The app must be user-friendly, stable, and meet the client’s requirements effectively.
b) Time: Timeliness is crucial for the client’s business goals. Delivering the app within the agreed-upon schedule will be a priority to ensure that the training sessions can be scheduled and planned as planned.
c) Cost: While cost is a consideration, it comes third in priority. We should aim to manage costs efficiently and responsibly while not compromising on the quality and timeline of the project.
Rationale: The priority order is based on the client’s need for a reliable and user-friendly solution to improve their training sessions for the marketing staff. Quality is essential to ensure the app meets the client’s requirements and enhances their operations. Timeliness is crucial to meet the client’s business goals, and cost, though important, should not supersede the primary objectives of quality and time.
- Project Requirement and Assumption Analysis:
- Develop a web application and a mobile app for scheduling and planning training sessions.
- The application should have a user-friendly interface.
- Trainers should be able to access and manage their schedules easily.
- The app should allow real-time updates and notifications for changes in training schedules.
- Data security and privacy should be a priority, considering the sensitive nature of pharmaceutical information.
- The app should support multiple user roles (trainers, administrators, marketing staff).
- The client has a clear understanding of their training session requirements.
- The client will provide all necessary information and resources promptly.
- The client has an existing infrastructure to support the app’s functionality.
- There will be no significant changes in project scope during development.
- Development Platforms:
For web development, the following platforms can be considered:
- Frontend: React.js or Angular.js
- Backend: Node.js or Python (Django)
For mobile app development, the following platforms can be considered:
- Native app: Android (Java/Kotlin) and iOS (Swift)
- Cross-platform: React Native or Flutter
The selection will depend on factors such as development team expertise, client’s preferences, and project requirements.
- Cost Estimate:
To provide a cost estimate, a detailed breakdown of tasks, resource allocation, and project duration is necessary. The cost will include development efforts, design, testing, project management, and contingencies. Additionally, expenses related to servers, licenses, and any third-party tools should be factored in.
Rationale: The cost estimate is based on the project’s scope, complexity, and estimated resource hours required for development, along with any additional expenses.
High-Level Project Plan:
- Requirement gathering and analysis
- Project scope definition
- Team formation and resource allocation
- UI/UX design and prototyping
- Architecture planning for web and mobile app
- Database design
- Frontend and backend development
- Mobile app development (if applicable)
- Integration of web and mobile app components
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- User acceptance testing
Deployment and Launch:
- App deployment on servers
- User training (if required)
- App launch
- Bug fixing and updates
- Monitoring and maintenance
Metrics to Track:
- Project progress against the timeline
- Budget vs. actual costs
- Defect density and resolution time
- Customer satisfaction and feedback
- App performance (response time, crashes, etc.)
- Number of active users and user engagement metrics
- Training session scheduling efficiency (time saved, errors, etc.)
- Potential Risks and Mitigation Plans:
Risk 1: Delay in Requirement Clarification Mitigation: Engage in frequent and clear communication with the client to resolve queries promptly. Use agile methodologies to accommodate changes during development.
Risk 2: Technology Integration Challenges Mitigation: Conduct a thorough technology assessment and proof of concept before full-scale development. Maintain close collaboration between frontend and backend teams during integration.
Risk 3: Security Breaches or Data Leaks Mitigation: Implement robust security measures, including encryption, access controls, and regular security audits. Stay updated with the latest security practices and address vulnerabilities promptly.
Risk 4: Resource Shortages or Skill Gaps Mitigation: Maintain a contingency plan for resource allocation, and if needed, consider outsourcing certain tasks to reliable partners. Offer training opportunities to upskill the team if skill gaps are identified.
Risk 5: Scope Creep Mitigation: Clearly define the project scope and freeze it after obtaining client approval. Manage change requests through a formal change control process to assess impacts before implementation.
By addressing these risks proactively, the project can be executed more smoothly, leading to successful completion within the expected timeline, cost, and quality standards.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.