Untitled › Forums › Assignment Help › Impact of employee training and development on organization
Tagged: assignment help
- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 2 months ago by kritinidhi.
January 18, 2018 at 10:42 am #16409kritinidhiMember
The impact of employee training and development on organizationJanuary 18, 2018 at 10:45 am #16410kritinidhiMember
Training and development is an attempt to improve the current or future performance of employees by increasing their abilities to perform through learning. Training is a process of imparting specific skills. An employee undergoing training is presumed to have had some formal education. While development means those learning, opportunities designed to help employees to grow. Development is not primarily skills oriented. Instead, it provides general knowledge and attitude. There is a slight difference between training and development that tends to lie in timing. The goal of training is to improve performance in short-term while the goal of development is to prepare people for additional job roles for the long term.
Benefits of training and development on employees:
- Increased job satisfaction and morale among employees.
- Increased employee motivation
- Reduced employee turnover
- Increased efficiencies in processes
- Increased innovation in strategies.
Now, the question arises that how training and development are useful to the organization?
- Increased productivity- Training and development directly improve efficiency and productivity of employees. Well trained employees show both quantity and quality performance. Due to this, there will be less wastage of resources, time and money.
- Less supervision- Training and development improve necessary skills sets in employees and empowers them to address tasks independently. Hence, they need less of supervision.
- Reduction of errors and accidents- Most of the errors due because of many employees lack the desired knowledge and precise skills required for doing a particular job. The more trained the employees are, less are the chances of committing errors in the job.
- Optimum resource utilization- Training and development significantly help to provide an opportunity and broad structure for the development of human resources’ technical and behavioural skills in an organization which will ultimately result in optimum utilization of resources.
<i>Reduction of turnover and absenteeism- Employees turnaround costs time and money. Training creates a feeling of confidence in the minds of the employees. It gives them a security at the workplace. As a result, labour turnover and absenteeism rates are reduced.
Hence, in these ways, training and development are useful to employees as well as the organization.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.