Main Memory is also called as Primary Memory. It hols only those data and instructions in which systems currently working. It is made up of semiconductor devices and lost the data when power is switch off because it has very less capacity. Main Memory is categorised in two parts:- RAM and ROM.
Characteristics of Main Memory are as follows:-
- It is made of semiconductor.
- It is also known as primary memory.
- It is faster than secondary memory.
- If power is off, the data will lost.
- It is closely connected to processor.
- It is easy to change the content of Main memory.
- Main memory interact with processor millions of times in per second.