E-Marketing Assignment Help
Social Media Marketing
In simple words, Marketing done on social sites and website is known as Social Media Marketing. It promotes the product and services on the social media. Nowadays, most of the social media platforms have inbuilt performance checker which will gauge the performance and show results in terms of engagement or success in reports. It is also used to address general public or potential employees and shareholders’ or journalists. On a strategic level, social media marketing includes the management of a marketing campaign, governance, setting the scope (e.g. more active or passive use) and the establishment of a firm's desired social media "culture" and "tone."
- Websites- It allows the interaction between public and the social media. Through which it helps in making strong the relationship of the social media and public. People can easily message the company on their pages and can get a reply within hours. It bridges the gap between the customer and the company. Reach of social media websites cannot be defined in numbers. It has global reach, so if a company has its Facebook page which has users from almost all the countries and if the company uploads something on their page, it will be visible to all. And the company can also use the approach of posting about the product, again and again, it will keep the customer’s informed and also their connections are able to see the message.
- Mobile Phones- Most of the people use mobile phones in the world. Almost 50% of the population is on the Internet. Companies develop their apps or QR code through which customer can easily direct their way to the product or sometimes if a customer wants to know about the product or wants to take a helpline, they can easily go to their app and chat with concerned people.
Advantages of Social Media Marketing
- Increased Brand Awareness- Social media is one of the most efficient and cost-effective techniques of marketing. It will help the company in increasing brand awareness of the product. Moreover, it requires only a few hours in a day and results are more than expected. There is no doubt that by simply having a social media page your brand will benefit, and with regular use, it can generate a wide audience for your business.
- Large Audience- In addition to Facebook, Twitter has 313 million monthly active users, Instagram has 500 million, and Pinterest has about 110 million. Although it has not mandatory to have an account on the entire social media platform but keeping one can give an exposure to millions.
- Free to Create- Getting an account on a social media platform takes nothing but 30 seconds. It is free to create with so many benefits.
- Sharing- It allows people to share their likes. For example, if a person likes a product of Garnier, which is a limited-edition product, that person can tell his friends by tagging or share the post on his timeline.
- Valuable Insights- Social media platform allows the company to see the leads that your product has generated and also helps the company in knowing about the insight of the ads.
Disadvantages of Social Media Marketing
- Negative Feedback- Since there are people who post glowing reviews of the company, in the same way, there are people who post a negative comment about the company. It can also be the employees of their organization who vent on social media about their bosses and work, which makes the entire company look bad.
- Time Intensive- Everything takes time to happen, so be the case with Social Media. The company had to post regularly on social media to keep their presence otherwise they will lose their engagement. Hence, a company with fewer resources cannot make efficient use of this method.
- Delayed ROI- Return on investment cannot be found in a shorter period, which makes social media marketing, a long-term Unlike traditional marketing, results cannot be expected quickly; it is less intensive. Firms looking for immediate sales and leads may prefer traditional advertising as it is more effective at sparking instant attention.
Advantages of E-Marketing
- 24X7 Sales- In E-marketing; there isn’t any fixed schedule or time off Marketing of products and services is at any hour throughout the day the week and even the year. This means a company can reach out to their customer at any time.
- Reach customers around the globe- There isn’t any geographical limit in E-marketing. This means a company sells its product to a customer living in another country. So, due to e-marketing, distance limitation has been removed.
- E-marketing reduces cost- In traditional marketing, managers need to build stores as well as recruit employees for the same. It involves higher cost, which increases the cost of production. In e-marketing, there isn’t any need for building stores or keeping employees for it.
- Offering right product to the right customer- E-marketing will help the company in knowing the behavior of the customer which will again help the company in offering product according to the need and demand of the customer.
- Social Media- When a customer completes the process of buying a product from your site, he is probably happy to complete this process, this will lead him to publish your product on his own Facebook or Twitter and among many groups, pages and This will be a free advertising for your product or service and this is one of the most important advantages of e-marketing.
Disadvantages of E-Marketing
- Dependability on Technology- E-marketing is done through the internet, so it requires technology. Not every company is able to get the required technology to do this marketing. Thus, this is the first limitation of E-marketing.
- Security Issues- One can call internet safe but it is actually not. The company put a lot of their confidential data on the internet and there are hackers who steal their data.
- Maintenance costs due to a constantly evolving environment- Technology is dynamic in nature. It keeps on changing from time to time. The company needs to update the technology from time to time to keep in competition with the competitors. This involves higher maintenance costs.
- Live interaction- Live interaction in the e-marketing is not present. Many people prefer live interaction at the time of buying any product or service as they have a lot of questions in their mind.
It is a type of performance-based marketing where a company pays its affiliates for each visitor or customer brought to the company. It is a kind of reference that one made through its website and when the reference buys the product, the referrer gets some commission. A company tracks its sales record and traffic through the tracking URL that is given to the reference. Many old-fashioned programs ask the reference to put the details of the referrer. It is mostly offered by companies who sell online products and services.
Terms in Affiliate Marketing
- Affiliates- Publishers.
- Software- It refers to the software that helps the company in creating an affiliate
- Link- It is a special tracking link which is given to different referrers.
- ID- Many companies offer unique ID to the referrers which they can put on their website.
- Payment Mode- Cheque, PayPal or Wire Transfers.
It is the marketing of the product and services using digital technologies. Digital marketing is done mainly on the internet, mobile phones, display advertising etc. It also refers to the process which helps in building relationships with the customer through online activities to exchange product and services. Due to the significant growth of the internet, digital marketing has become so important for the firms. It has certain benefits:
- It is convenient for the customer to buy a product
- It increases the satisfaction of the customer when a customer reads reviews of the product.
- It reduces the cost of sales of the company.
- It is easily measurable.
- Reaching the right audience.
- To engage with the audience.
- Motivating the audience to take action.
- Return on Investment.
Goal- It has an exactly similar goal that a traditional marketing has i.e. getting sales for the company.
- It highly depends on the Internet. Customers may not have a good Internet connection or Internet may not be able at all areas.
- It is the time of competition and mostly all the company uses same strategies. So, when a person searches for a product online, the search engine will show a lot of product which might shift the customer interest to the different
- Due to the lack of trust that customers have on online sites, they can affect the image of the company badly.
- Another disadvantage is that even an individual or small group of people can harm the image of an established brand.
Tools of Internet Marketing
- SEO- SEO refers to Search Engine Optimization. It is one such process which brings traffic to the website through organic listings on search engines. All search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing show the link of the searched item according to their rank. To achieve this rank, many companies do SEO of their marketing. And in this element, no money is involved as with the case with paid ads.
- Competitive Advantage.
- Company’s customer case will be expanded.
- It is a cost-effective
- It doesn’t involve money, so there is free and organic traffic.
- It shows the product not only in particular country but another country
- It results in better sales.
- Whenever a person will search for a product and if company’s website has a good rank, it will be shown first rather than competitor’s website.
- Sometimes website owners don't have an idea of perfect keywords.
- Content must be fresh.
- It is a time-consuming Results are not shown overnight.
- It is an ongoing process.
- Keyword Research.
- Building a user-friendly website.
- The title must be unique and different.
- Content must be great.
- Link must be easily made. For example, www.google.com/seo-strategy is a perfect link than google.com/seo-strategy.phn?id=xyz
- PPC- PPC refers to Pay per click. It is a sponsored online advertising. It can be found on websites and on search engines too where the advertiser pays when the user clicks on their ad.
- It helps in getting targeted visitors in hours.
- It provides a way for SEO.
- Implementation is easy.
- It is flexible and can be changed anytime.
- It doesn’t give a guarantee.
- Heavy competition is present.
- It is an expensive method.
- It is complicating.
- People use fraud method to earn.
- There are bidding wars among the company when a company bids for the targeted
- It is only restricted to text and image ads.
- SMM- SMM refers to Social Media Marketing. It is a medium through which marketing is done on the social media apps and websites. Social media platforms are Facebook, twitter, Instagram or WhatsApp, in other words, Social media platform refers to those websites which provide communication between people.
- The high rate of return on investment.
- It doesn’t require any specialization.
- It promotes the content.
- It is a nice way to do work.
- Social media provides a platform for content where it can go viral anytime.
- It creates a better relationship with the customers.
- A wrong step can let down the company.
- It is a time-consuming
- Returns can be seen in the long term, not short term.
- It makes everything public.
- If it is not used effectively, brand credibility can be lost.
People- In this term, the company needs to find their target audience and what will be the company’s demographic area?
Objectives- In this, the company would have to list down the objectives that they want to accomplish with Social media marketing.
Strategy- Company needs to list down those differences which will be made by the Social media marketing.
Technology- What are the platforms that the company is going to make use of?
- Email Marketing- In email marketing, email is sent to every potential customer of the business. Email can be about the offers that company is giving for its product or if the company has launched a new product, customers are informed through it. The company has a customer database or it can also purchase leads from various websites. It has the objective to enhance the relationship with the customer.
- Return on Investment can be tracked.
- Email marketing is cheaper and efficient. It is because normal mail takes a lot of time to reach the customer.
- Email is popular with digital marketers, rising an estimated 15% in 2009 to £292 million in the UK.
- Mostly commercialized emails don’t reach to the customer. It reaches directly into the spam
- Consumers’ get irritated when they receive a lot of emails.
Elements of Internet Marketing
There are four elements of Internet marketing which can help the company in achieving great success and those are:
- Create Content- Creating content that is unique as well as the readers of the website want to read is the first element of the digital marketing and the first step of successful internet marketing plan. It can be anything from a website page to a blog or a video or eBook etc. It is the easiest way to start the business. Content must be such that which attracts the reader as well as useful for the readers. For example, if a company has a product which prevents hair fall, then the company can write about its feature or post any video on their website and automatically if it is informative and engages the readers, they’ll share it with their peers on their social media platform which is an inbound marketing without any cost.
- Optimization- After creating content for your website, now it is the step to optimize the content. The blog post must contain the keywords that you want to rank on Google for. Keywords must be included in the title, heading tags, Meta description. But this doesn’t mean that company is allowed to use as many as keywords they like, they must keep the number short.
- Promotion- What is the use of writing content, if nobody will ever get to know about it? Content must be promoted on social media. It must also be shared with the targeted The blog post must also contain sharing button like of Facebook, twitter, Gmail etc.
- Analyze- One of the major differences between traditional and online marketing is the ability to track and analyze the metrics. Google analytics or HubSpot provides the number of visitors, visitor’s location and what they have done on the website. This allows the company to let know about the goods and bad of the content/website.
Internet Marketing Mix
The digital marketing mix is just like marketing mix. It is just the adaption of the marketing mix to the digital marketing context. It consists of four Ps and those are:
Product: Product refers to goods or services which is offered by the company to the customers. It is around which the strategy needs to be developed. Most strategies are developed on the basis of the research undertaken by the organization. The Internet can be used to provide information about the product like online reviews etc. Perception of the customers can also be taken by the internet. It is a low-cost marketing research.
Price: It refers to the amount which is paid in exchange for the goods and services. Now, transparency in the price has been improved, so a company must study the price elasticity demand before a pricing decision. There are many different pricing mechanisms available. Online players like e-bay, etc. have made some of this model very popular. One the most popular model is a forward auction where products are purchased by the highest bidder and give specific time period.
Place: It refers to the geographical location that will get the benefit of the product and also it lists out the path through which the product will be supplied to the customers. Organization’s main objective is to minimize the cost and target a wide audience. Organizations’ are developing websites from where the products can be purchased.
Promotion: It refers to marketing communication of the product used by the organization. It consists of advertisement, sales promotion, PR etc. The organization can promote their product on widely used Social Media; they can also put ads on those websites which are producing a good number of traffic. Internet enhances the marketing of the product due to its feature of no geographical area limitation.