BSBHRM501 Manage Human Resource Services Sample Assignment
Answer sheet 3 - Project
In order to be assessed as Competent (C) in this unit, you need to provide evidence which demonstrates that you can perform the required competencies to the required standard. Competency depends on consistently demonstrating the skills, attitude and knowledge that enables you to complete workplace tasks confidently in a variety of situations.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to plan, manage and evaluate delivery of human resource services, integrating business ethics.
To attain competence in this unit, you must show active participation in all classroom activities and:
- Successfully complete the Activities
- Successfully complete the Questions
- Successfully complete the Project
You are to complete the project and submit your written answer to your trainer via the student portal by week 9 of the term. Your project will form part of the evidence gathered for this unit. You must successfully complete all parts of this assessment in order to obtain satisfactory result.
- You can find your assessment task in the Participant Guide for this unit (the book).
- Read the task carefully. Check with your trainer/assessor if you are not sure about some parts of the task.
- The project must be written in your own words. You are only allowed to use external sources when citing or paraphrasing to support your arguments in reasonable amount, and these parts of your text need to be properly referenced using Harvard style.
- All the best for your assessment.
HR is a function that offers services in areas like Recruitment, Training, Compensation and Employee relations
In this given question, I choose HR recruitment services for a given area
Recruitment services - deals with the process of creating a brand for the employer to attract the best talent from the job market.
It involves many methods to create employment as a choice for job seekers, among the many employers available in the market
To do, it emphasis on employer brand building techniques through career pages, website, service offerings and a mix of marketing approaches
It also aims to popularise the entire process of selection, by sharing the kind of skills it looks for, targeting colleges that produce that kind of skills and finally carrying outplacement processes to select and hire the best talent among the many
The challenge that makes a department's work unique in a financial firm is that of changing the culture of the industry. Given that the financial industry is fashioning a fresh outlook on its culture that contributed to the credit crunch a couple of years ago and is beginning to assimilate with new industry regulations, it is up to HR in each company to help implement these changes.
Since strategic HR's success depends on how well it connects with the goals of the company, I will need to have a thorough understanding of their goals, goals, and mission. I will need to be able to articulate to the relevant HR personnel both the short and long-term growth plans. Ensuring clear communication of the goals of the company will facilitate the development of an effective resource management strategy for HR personnel.
Environment plays an important role in the development of the business activities. The organisation has the external environment which consists of macro-economic factors such as Growth, GDP, Inflation etc. and Internal Environment which have the micro-economic factors such as the Workforce cost, price of products, demand and supply etc. Both the environments have an impact on the organisation.
For example, there is a company let’s suppose X which operates in the country Y that has the low skilled labour force. From last 3 years the country does not have the growth rate of more than 2%. The development in the field of technology has not much evolved. This has the impacted the various companies working. As the company don’t get the enough labour force so they try to manage the work with the less number of employee and the pressure is much on the employees. The growth rate of the country is much less so the new product in the market may not have much demand. The company X try to export its product to other counties which also include the transportation charges to the company because of low demand in its own existing company. The laws are not much effective in the country. All the factors internal and external effects of the business.
Each factor affects the development and the management of human resource services. The development comes when units of the company work properly. But it is not always right as when the company has faced a natural calamity in past it would take a time to grow up. The GDP of the country is low then the development would be affected. It creates the huge unemployment also. This would create the less market to the company product. This would reduce the product demand in the market which in turn reduce the price of the product.
The development happens when the external and internal factors favour the organisation business.
The development and the management of the human resource activities mainly happen by the help of code of conducts and practices in the organisation as well as by the help of finance. The revenue generation would help to give the fair pay to the worker. It helps the company’s business too as the Human resource would directly impact on the business working. The developed economy has a high rate of skilled employees who do not require the training mainly with would benefit the company in terms of money and time. This would be utilised for another production purpose. The external factor as the inflation is high and the demand of the product would be less then the people buying behaviour would be affected so the revenue generated to the company would be less hence the employee’s activities would be affected by this.
The government rules of the country would also affect the development and management of the human resource. For example, Country government which orders that the company should not allow the immigrants to its boundary because it reduces the jobs of the country people which in turn increase the unemployability in the country. This would impact on the working activities of the human resource in the company. It would also bound the company to manage the employee.
As the company resides in the environment so it would be majorly affected by any type of changes in the external environment.
- At the time of managing diversity, you have to manage and encourage your employees to work in a diverse group where people from different work together. You have to make them value each and every individual in the team and recognize the talent of individuals.
- The employer should set the goals that make employees work in a group without having any differences. The target must be set according to groups.
- Whenever possible appreciate the work of the employee and make them realize that their value in an organization is not based upon their cultural background or colour but how they work for the organization and how they giving the effort to make this organization successful.
- Make sure that all the employees listen and understand the instructions and guidelines and other important information. They should be focused on overcoming cultural and language barrier.
alone. But a diverse workforce can bring real benefits to an industry that is experiencing so much
Refer to annex Manager Assessment
Salary, wage and benefits will be distributed on time or as per the legal enactments.
Now we shall discuss the area where legislation will be required under the following points:
1) Compensation to any work due to injury at the plant might come under legal purview. Apart from this, equal opportunities must be given to all the employees in case of a job interview or any promotion from within the organization.
2) The healthcare needs of employees, a fair and equitable pay, bonus, gratuitous payment, fringe benefits, stock options available to employees etc. might be also come under the purview of the legal framework.
3) Union’s management, employee’s participation in management, retrenchment, layoffs, workplace discrimination, leave policy for disability, Child labour etc. should also be covered under labour laws.
4) To maintain the peace in the industry, we should promote legal binding policy on employers and employees as well as the union members.
5) As a responsible manager, I will study about the prevailing legislation in the industry as well as in the country. Then, will talk with my colleagues as well as the senior level of management to formulate guidelines which will be in line with the legal and ethical consideration of the society as well the government.
6) The medical and other benefits require the legislative enactments.
7) Social security and Job security for employees will also require legal enactments.
Method to ensure the legal compliances are met or not:
In my office, I will voluntarily follow the guidelines which are mandated by federal, state or local level legal authority. I will take feedback from the employees to know whether they are given any statutory protection or not. I will take further decision accordingly. A questionnaire will be given to the managers to know about the statuary mechanism, applicable to our business or not. I will compare the practices with other players in the industry. Some basic and fundamental legal enactments must be implemented and I will personally take the feedback from my subordinates. I will prepare a list of most important legislation then after I will try to implement all those laws which are applicable to our business. I will consult with a legal firm for assisting us in implementing the legal compliances.
Refer to annex Service Agreement
For successful functioning of the project work, I will require an HR person or a Human resource consultant firm/organization so that employees recruitment, HR policies, employees benefits, appraisals etc.
The services for HR will be outsourced to a third party in case there will be no HR person will be appointed by the board of directors/ concerned people.
1. We shall provide the best salary and compensation to our staff so that they can be retained.
2. In case new hires an On the Job training (OJT) will be implemented so that they can do better in their actual job after a few months/days.
3. Better policies related to employees will be formulated which will be best in the industry.
4. We shall provide other benefits apart from salary which will be best as compared to the salary given by the immediate competitors in the same construction industry.
5. We shall appraise the performance of employees. Regular monitoring will be done to ensure smooth functioning.
6. An HRIS will be implemented so that each inventory can be accessed by any responsible person.
All candidates applied for the job need to be compliant to the recruitment policy of the firm
2. All candidates recruited need to be near fit to the job in comparison with job requirements
3. All employees need to undergo training and skill development programmes as per the requirement
4. All employees need to be evaluated based on the guidelines of the performance management system.
5. Employees feedback and queries need to be considered to improve the services on a continuous basis
6. The employees using HRMS need to be trained to handle the system effectively.
Q2) Quality Audits need to be conducted to ensure the quality standards are implemented effectively in the HR services. Employees need to be communicated on an urgent basis if the quality standards are not followed in any instance, informing them of the punitive actions that can be taken starting from impact on their performance rating to the extent of firing them depending on the extent of the quality issues as a result of non-compliance. Preventive quality checks and regular meetings help the firm to maintain quality standards all the time.
ROI is a performance measure used to assess an investment's efficiency. In order to calculate ROI, an investment's payback (return) is divided by the investment cost and multiplied by 100 to obtain a percentage.
The company’s customers must fill the given questionnaire. This questionnaire has both open-ended questions as well as rating questions. The open-ended questions can be customer’s input about the improvement of the overall consumer experience. The average of the rating of all filled surveys can be taken and analysis will provide the scope for business technology improvement.
1. What tasks did you want to do on our website?
2. Were you able to fulfil the above-mention objective?
3. Did you find the information on website valuable?
4. Is our website user-friendly?
5. How visual appealing is the website?
6. How easy is the navigation access on the website
7. What rating out of 10 will you giving to our website from 1 - poor to 10- excellent
8. Additional comment for the website if any?
Violations of ethical principles by the Human Resources department are more expected to be reported by sufferers to the Equal Employment Opportunity Board than those committed by other departments ( like product development/accounting). Firms with thorough ethics codes in place can prevent costly problems relating to discrimination / unfriendly-work-environment concerns, resulting in lesser expenses for lawsuits & out of the court resolutions.
Discrimination concerns/ sexual harassment / unfair employment rules can land firms on the first page of business/consumer publications, harming a firm's reputation among its customers, prospective strategic partners & prospective employees. Obtaining a repute of being an ethical firm can aid in drawing top talent in the industry from a broader area, since personnel try to find the most conducive employment relations they can.
Treating personnel in an ethical manner can gain employee loyalty in the long-run, which carries a range of different advantages to the employers. Firms selling consumer goods can obtain marketing benefits from loyal staff. Loyal staff usually act as champions for a firm's items, purchasing merchandise from their firm & circulating a favourable word-of-mouth advertising to family & friends over time.
After completing all parts of the assessment for this unit of competency, make sure you upload all your answers via your student portal to your trainer/assessor for evaluation. Please allow 5 working days for the trainer/assessor to assess all your answers. Check your student portal in regards to the final outcome of your assessment and possible feedback from your trainer/assessor.