1. (a) Write IUPAC Name of the following.
(b) Write formula of the following
(c) How can you distinguish between CoCl3.6NH3 and CoCl3.5NH3 by Chemical and cryoscopic method.
2. (a) Use VBT to explain the shape and magnetic behaviour of the following complexes
(b) What are the major drawbacks of VBT in comparison to CFT
3. (a) Draw MO energy level diagram for [CoF6]3- ion.
(b) How dipole moment measurement help in distinguishing between cis and trans isomers of [Pt(NH3)2 Cl2] complex?
(c) Calculate EAN for the following complexes
4. (a) Which of the following complexes have higher 10 Dq value and why?
(b) For a complex [Ti(H2O)6]3+ ion, a transition found to occur with a maximum at 20, 300cm-1 find
5. (a) Compare by calculating the CFSE for [CrF6]3- and [CoF6]3- ions assuming that 10 Dq in both cases identical and comment.
(b) Draw and explain the lattice energy diagram of the divalent metal halides of first transition series.
(c) Write the structural formula of the Complex ion [(OH)5 Co OH Co (OH)5]5-
6. (a) Co2+ complexes spontaneously changes into Co3+ complexes when ligands are strong field. Explain
(b) ZnCr2O4 is normal spinal whereas Fe3O4 has inverse spinal structure. Explain
(c) [Ti(H2O)6]3+ ion is has a slightly distorted octahedral shape, why?
7. (a) For the following equilibrium
(b) Draw geometric and optical isomers of the following
Which of the following is the most likely structure of pentacyanocobalt(III)- µ-cynopentaammine cobalt(III) [(NH3)5 Co-CN-Co(CN)5] or [(NH3)5 Co-NC-Co(CN)5] and why?
8. Write Short notes on :
Basic Chemistry Help | Organic Chemistry Help | Chemistry Homework Help | Online Chemistry Help | Chemistry tutor | Help with chemistry | High school chemistry help | College chemistry help | General chemistry help | Help in chemistry | Help with chemistry homework | Chemistry Equations Help | College Chemistry Help | Online Tutoring