Saving your all data from loss is a very critical issue in database systems. Data losses occur due to many reasons.
- Hardware failure
- Transaction failure
- Software bugs
By following some recovery strategy you can prevent your data loss. Here some techniques are which is helpful to you:
Possible levels of recovery:
- Correct state recovery
- Past correct state recovery
- If possible, then previous state recovery
- Valid state recovery
- Consistent state recovery
- Prevention from crash
- Salvation Program: If the system crashed first you have restored the system to a valid state. But remember never used recovery data. Used only in case when all other techniques fail or maybe not in use.
- Incremental dumping: Updated files must be copied to archive after completion of operations with some time interval.
- Backup Version: from the current version of database present some files and all files contains all previous value from regular backup version.
- Differential Backup: If you do full database backup, then you can get many advantages and most important is it includes all that which is required to rebuild the entire database.
How to perform a differential backup:
BACKUP DATABASE Employedetails
TO DISK=’t: \emp_diff.bak’
WITH INIT, DIFFERENTIAL;
Find the best Database Assignment Help Services with us
To Schedule a tutoring for Database programming session click here
To submit Database assignment click here
Embed this Infographics on your site(Copy this Code)
<div style="clear:both"><a href="http://www.assignmenthelp.net/assignment_help/database-recovery-process">
<img src="http://www.assignmenthelp.net/files/database-recovery-process.jpg" title="database recovery process Infographics" alt="database recovery process Infographics" border="0" /></a></div>