It is structured query languages and based on the relational calculus. SQL programming is perform by the help of many languages such as DDL (Data definition Language), interactive DML (interactive data manipulation), Embedded DML (embedded data manipulation languages), integrity etc.
DDL: It is basically four type
Primitive type: In this type we put the value in this form
- Numeric: Integer or (int), Floats (N) floating value at-least N-digits, Decimal(P,D).
- Character : CHAR(N) or VARCHAR(N).
- TIME: DATE is define in this form YYYY-MM-DD and time is HH-MM-SS. And also YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS it is in time-stamp function.
Domains type: it is defined as
- CREATE DOMAIN UNIVERSITY-CODE CHAR(5),
- CREATE DOMAIN COURSENUMBER CHAR (5)
Schema type: it is defined as
- CREATE SCHEMA COURSES AUTHORIZATION CS;
To drop a schema
- DROP SCHEMA COURSES RESTRICT;
- DROP SCHEMA COURSES CASCADE;
Tables types : Now create a table for COURSE schema:
- CREATE TABLE COURSE (COURSE_ID int not null PRIMARY KEY, COURSE_NAME CAHR (10));
Some Basic SQL Query:
SELECT target-list FROM relation-list WHERE qualification
for insert query
INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME (col1, col2,…..colN) VALUES (val1, val2,……..,valN);
DML-Data Manipulation Language
Data Manipulation Language sometimes abbreviated as DML is a language including commands to manipulate data held in the database. This is one of the Database language same as DDL and DCL used by SQL to manipulate data. Manipulation involves inserting data into database tables, retrieve the existing data, delete data which is not in use from existing tables or modify the existing data.
The functional capability of some of the DML query commands we are going to discuss them. Get help from our online tutors in SQL and also get your project done in SQL programming assignment.
- SELECT: Select command is used to retrieve row or record from a table. For that user need to know the table name from which he is going to fetch that record or row. This is one of the most widely and commonly used command in and query language. Syntax for Select command is SELECT [column name(s)] from [table name] where [conditions].
- UPDATE: Update command as the name implies is used to modify the existing record in table. A single query command of update can modify more than one record simultaneously. If a person’s address is change then use of this command is necessary. Syntax for update command is UPDATE [table name] SET [column name = value] where [condition].
- INSERT: Insert command is used when we need to insert the records into tables and maintain those records in our database. This command is also commonly used in any query language as this is one of the basic steps to maintain any record. Syntax for Insert command is INSERT INTO [table name] [column(s)] VALUES [value(s)].
- DELETE: Delete command remove the record from the table from which we want. It can delete one or more records according to specified condition as we can discuss before. When any record is not in use any more then this command is applied. Syntax for delete command is DELETE FROM [table name] where [condition].
To Schedule a SQL Programming tutoring session click here
To submit SQL Programming assignment click here.