It is a type of designing called computer aided design or computer aided drafting, which can helpful in creating design with minimum time, with better quality as compared to hand drafting. It is also helpful in customizing individual’s requirements. It was first innovated by Autodesk, it is a type of software which is helpful in 2D and 3D drafting. It explained differences between imagination and implementation, design can be developed.
- It is work on the basis of co-ordinate system.
- Each drawing have co-ordinate system.
- So many types of drawing can be start or in process at same time with the help of command which is layer.
- It use several type of command such as copy, move, rotate, mirror, in 2D, and many types of arrays like rectangular array, polar array, path array etc.
It needs exact drawing and for this we have to use co-ordinate system. For specify any points in a particular plane, we have to take two mutually perpendicular lines as references. These lines have two axis horizontal one is X-axis, and vertical is Y-axis. And intersection point is origin. It is of three types:
- Absolute coordinate system: In this system points should be in origin. We can take an example of X=6, and Y=8 measured then it show that Horizontal units is 6 and vertical unit is 8. It is written as (6,8).
- Relative coordinate system: It is also divided into two parts relative rectangular and relative polar. In relative rectangular coordinates, drawing is start with point (1,1) means lower left corner for the (6,8). And in relative polar, point is located by defining both the distance from the current point and angle between two points which makes with positive X-axis.
- Direct Distance Entry: In this system line can be draw with specifying the length and direction. Direction could be decided with the position of cursor, and length can be written with keyboard. You may use this process with polar tracking and SNAPANG.
Characteristic of AutoCAD:
- You can conceptualize your idea with AutoCAD.
- You can easily modify your engineering designing and drafting.
- It will helpful in design calculation with minimum time.
- You can easily apply colors, fonts, textures, and other features.
- You can simulate your products and know product reliability.
Advantages of AutoCAD:
- It can helpful in enhancement of productivity and quality of drawing.
- It is less time taking, means with minimum time period you can draw.
- Manpower requirements will be minimum.
- By the help of it you can get better accuracy in designing.
- It is very facile and easily modified and edited.
To Schedule a AutoCAD tutoring session click here
To submit AutoCAD assignment click here